Game doesn't start (Error: 0xE01200D0)

So, quick sum up on what we have at the moment:

• mainly BullGuard-Users are experiencing this issue, but some others also do
  • this and other indices make it very likely that it’s not BullGuard’s fault, but Blizzard’s
  • caused by patch 1.29.0.1 as published on 12-10-2018 (the patch that made Halloween Horror avail not only for PC, but for XBox and PlayStation, too)
  • Disabling BullGuard Firewall (not recommended) allows you to play; some users can re-enable it after a while ingame and connection won’t be terminated while other’s cannot

Kind regards
Yannik

6 Likes

I am tired of having to delete cache folders everytime I wanna play Overwatch.
The problems started after YOUR patch for YOUR game so this ordeal is YOURS to fix.

1 Like

Hi, I had the same problem. I was helped by a deinstalation of my virus program, then everything worked again … I could not believe that it was bullguard taht caused the Problem, but after I had tried everything else… and it helped!!!

Well i don’t want to uninstall or turn off my anti virus ,i paid for it and just doing so to play a game seems unreasonable.

Why would i need to turn off a program that protects me from bad things to play a game that is supposed to run without interfering with it .

3 Likes

Had a conversation with the BG support

You:
Since Overwatche’s new update it seems many BG users are having an issue loading the game myself included with the error code 0xE01200D0 - its probably not your fault as it worked up until that patch but blizzard is being very unhelpful about it. All the other games on the battle.net client still work its only OW that has the problem so it snot even like BG is stopping all blizzard games
Vlad:
Hello, welcome to BullGuard Live Support! I am sorry if there might be a bit of waiting time. Please hold and I will be back with you in a few minutes.
Vlad:
Please uninstall your current Bullguard application following the instructions from this guide on the BullGuard website
Vlad:
Then re-install BullGuard with Overwatch open at the same time so it will make a pass for the game.
You:
it already has a pass though ?
Vlad:
This is a known issue and I have provided you with the current workaround to solve it.
You:
Shouldn’t need a workaround, between the two companies surely you can do an update rather than telling everyone to do a complete reinstall. Seems very laxadaisy
Vlad:
Unfortunately the fix will take a while to be produced. If you want to open the game right now, please follow the instructions provided above.
You:
Now Vlad thats not the answer i was looking for buddy
Vlad:
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
Vlad:
Be assured that we will fix this issue as quickly as possible.

Got a bit weird at the end but it seems if you want to play you have to reinstall BG for now - Hope this Helps!!!

1 Like

yea dhud i got the same problem i have bein looking for 5 weeks for a solution
#r.i.p my rank : (

I feel a certain lack of motivation by blizzard to fix technical issues ever since release, I even had to buy a new mouse at one point, just to play Overwatch. Due to an issue that only occured in OW, but they had no fix despite it being a known problem for years.

So now this occurs, and are we to expect the same low quality response? nothing for years? - You are the developers, you should be doing the compatibility tests not make the users and clients of your product doing it, and you blizzard should be the professional devs who reaches out to BullGuard. You are NOT an indie company. Like others said, it’s an issue that occurred after you patched your program, it’s your responsibility as developers of your product to do compatbility testing.

1 Like

Thank you for some sort of information. Honestly i expected even blizzard to just reply with ‘’ we are looking into this problem’’ but we did not even get that .Kind of disappointed. Anyways thank you for getting us a form of solution even when that seems to me as something i should never do just to play something. Truly hope they look into this and fix it soon, this has taken way to long.

2 Likes

I tried disabling firewall and instantly turning it on again after launching the game and that worked.
I don’t know much about how firewall works but I closed ALL other applications I had open when I turned it off.
It seems unfair that we have to do this each time we’re wanting to play Overwatch.

Same here, except for me I had to completely shut down BullGuard entirely, not just turn the firewall off and on. Communication with BG implies they are certain it’s a fault of Blizzard for creating a false-positive, since BG itself has not changed and nothing else is affected. Logic and common sense also suggest this.

1 Like

Same here, this is reaaaally annoying. I’ve never had an issue like this before. Please Blizzard, look through your data in your latest patches because it seem you are preventing all players who use Bullguard as a firewall from playing now. We all didn’t have this problem before…

I don’t use Bullguard or anything, just avast anti-virus and I’ve listed Overwatch and Battlenet as exceptions. But I still get the “Lost Connection to Game Server” everytime I tried to log in.

1 Like

This is still a problem. Contacted Bullguard again and they still say, going by the logs generated, it’s Overwatch causing a false positive and it’s something Blizzard needs to fix. Yes, turning off Bullguard when playing OW does ‘work’, but that is not a reasonable solution, especially long-term; Blizzard, this started with your patch, it’s on you to fix it.

I used to be able to turn off the firewall and launch the game. As of today, still using BG, I am no longer able to turn disable firewall, start game, and then turn firewall back on. I’ve also tried disabling BG completely and nothing works. Any other solutions?

I just hit scan and repair in the options on battle.net and it worked for me

Nope, scan and repair didn’t work for me, so last thing I’ll try is reinstalling BG with Blizzard Battle.net-App open as suggested by @Necrotic.

I’ll keep you updated…

Kind regards
Yannik

EDIT: Well - @Necrotic was right - it works if you reinstall BG while the game is running (Overwatch opened, not only battle.net-App)

My game now runs fine and I have firewall re-enabled. I did not have to reinstall so perhaps there has been a patch?