Game Disconnects

Today I have been getting disconnected from the game server non-stop. Right before a game ends, it boots me out. I am now 15 games deep with a -75% exp reduction. Anyone else having this problem? How could I fix this?

I had something similar a week ago with another game I play. Everything else would be fine except for a few websites which also wouldn’t load. I traced the problem down to a hub in Chicago that kept going up and down. You could have a similar problem.

Wasn’t anything I could do about it.

Damn. I do live close to Chicago too so I guess that could be it. I know it’s not my internet because I played Fortnite for like 4 hours today and didn’t disconnect once.

Yeah I could play Overwatch because it was going though a different route but I kept getting disconnected from FF14. It would go down for about 3-5 minutes at a time.

I have Charter Cable and it was part of their systems going down in Chicago.

I tried reinstalling, still happening. This is awful.

Reboot modem/router

Go to command prompt and type this:

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Use ethernet cable over wifi for connection
If you have to use wifi, consider buying a TP Link Powerline

The Powerline will act as hardwired connection and you can physically attached your computer using an ethernet cable into your power outlet.

Today was a hot day so it could trigger wifi signal issues.

Thanks for the advice.
What will the command prompt do?

Those commands will force your computer to drop it’s IP address and get a new one from your router. Make sure your router is up and running before using them.

The flush dns will just flush out your dns cashed data. This half works in windows. Rebooting is honestly better.

I still think it’s between you and the game servers. Try following these steps:

Some more info here: