Game disconnection on archive PVE

i’ve seen the pinned thread on archives event disconnection issue, but i don’t know anything about netgear nor is the last post relevant too cause it looks like junkenstein but my disconnection happened at mid archive PVE Glass Cannon. just want to put it out there to see if any one else experienced the same or if there has been anomalies during archive event.

i tried to get back to event but i wasn’t reconnected to my previous PVE match but the front page of the game instead…so there is no way i can rejoin match without start anew.

I did have it happen in archive yesterday mid way. Then had it happen again in comp later. Never usually have issues

same, doesn’t usually happens to me. can’t say if our experiences are the odds in the lot, until more of these complaints are in; pretty sure they will need to do something about it until then.

1 Like

I’m on Xbox so could be issues with them. Strange though as two of us playing in house same time and brother did not get DC.

Maybe it’s due to most being at home and general internet struggling.

well i am not on console or xbox, i am on pc and i still get disconnected by the game.

Fair enough. Still strange and I don’t think it’s my Xbox and internet.
Apparently when I got DC from comp, someone else did too.
Something is happening regardless of Xbox or PC.

1 Like

Do you have an ISP in common with the players in this other thread?

i don’t think so. because i was the only person being disconnected, i can’t speak for the team i was randomly put together, but the entirety when i was on archive mission, none of my team members disconnected.

You mentioned you don’t know anything about netgear, but have you checked the branding on your router? If you don’t know what it is, please ask whoever set it up. The PVE disconnect issue for netgear routers was originally posted when Junkenstein’s revenge was current content, but it affects all PVE content.

oh netgear is a brand of router? then mine isn’t netgear brand but nbn and zte branding, so i doubt it is the same thing

Okay, that at least narrows it down. Why don’t we see if we can catch a disconnection red handed instead. If you’re still having this problem, please create a WinMTR test which catches a disconnection. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

will try to see if i can catch it, not like i am eager to be disconnected from but i will see what i can do. thank you Drakuloth!

Haha, certainly. My best advice is to just re run the test every game or two until another one happens. If it doesn’t happen again, then it may have just been a hiccup. Either way, good luck!

i hope it is just a hiccup. cause it isn’t possible to remember stopping a continued game to run WinMTR every few match personally. but thank you.

Hey Sl4y3r,

You can also just run the test tool for the entire duration of your gameplay. Just keep in mind that may obscure the results slightly. For example major packet loss that would cause a disconnect might appear as only 1% even though the problem, at the exact time of incident, is actually much worse.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

i can do that, but if no disconnection happens, can it detect the issue? because without the error, it won’t pinpoint the exact problem, right? i will keep in mind, should i ever get any more disconnections. i would probably post it here on this same thread to avoid adding excessive threads that require more explanation. thank you Kaldraydis, for the options for running WinMTR.

No. The disconnect has to happen while the test is running. Super glad you asked <3

1 Like