Game crashing wifi, blue screen of death

for about 2 weeks now ive been getting kicked out of matches and the game randomly. the game always says i lost connection and when i go to my desktop screen to check whats wrong, i always find that wifi is no longer available on my laptop.

the game literally shuts my wifi adapter and i have to keep going to device manager just to turn it back on. recently it has escalated to me getting the blue screen when running overwatch.

this only happens when im playing overwatch and nothing else.

Yikes!

Please edit and move this thread to #technical-support to begin troubleshooting. They will be willing to help you out there!

1 Like

Hey there. I’m a forum volunteer but I wanted to point you in the right direction.

The game client itself does not have access to system functions, like disabling your WiFi adapter. More info on this is pinned at the top of the forum:

Unfortunately, this points to a larger hardware or driver issue, which Blizzard doesn’t provide official support for – since the game client itself cannot cause the computer to shut down. More info here:

If I had to guess, I would say your computer might be overheating when playing Overwatch. There are some steps here that might help.