Game crashing / PC restarting only in OW

My PC has been having issues that only occur while playing Overwatch ever since I updated my PC hardware. At first my issue was my screen would go grey and then my keyboard and mouse lights would go out and my PC would restart. Thought this was probably a PSU problem since it was old, so I replaced it. This issue hasn’t reoccurred.

That was a few days ago or week about. Now a new issue, yesterday while playing OW I received a brown screen of death that crashed my PC. I updated to the latest graphics driver to hopefully fix it, and played OW for about another hour with no issues. However, today only about 15 mins into OW and my game crashes but this time my monitor just went grey then black. My keyboard and mouse didn’t go out but the game was non-responsive and neither was task manager so I had to manually restart my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10
Intel i7-9700k CPU @ 3.6 GHz
16 GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 MoBo LGA1151

1 Like

Hey, Vindo!

This sound like possible hardware failure or overheating. I would recommend monitoring your hardware with HWMonitor:

Keep an eye on the temps, clocks, and usage to see if anything is out of the norm. These types of system issues are outside of our scope of support. If the computer rebooting on it’s own, the most common causes can be found here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000605.htm

A post was split to a new topic: Drayen - Crashing in Overwatch

Are you Overclocking Memory or CPU? I recently had issues with my RAM Overclocked using XMP profile, had to disable it.