Game crashing on PS4 CE-34878-0

Having the same issue and no fix. I’d suggest using PS4 pro, an psn account and running mystery heroes online in the debug mode to see what’s going on. I just had my game crash after getting a kill with symmetra. Same error as described here. I’ve done troubleshooting generically on my end. While I have had game crashing happen in other modes, like 1% of the time. The mystery heroes bug feels like 25%. Hope this helps blizz

Also getting these crashes. Has happened about 5 times now in the last 2 days. I have been playing Mystery Heroes in Arcade as well.

ETA, I’m also on PS4 pro and the crashes happen about 20-30 minutes into each game session.

I’ve been getting the crash in Mystery heroes for the past week ever since new map patch. Not sure if that caused it. But its frustrating because I love Mystery heroes…

I hope they find a fix. I know it’s not my PS4 pro. It happens on both my systems. That tells me it’s the game somewhere…

Cant wait for the fix so I get play myster heroes again

i had it right now in ranked, the same in mystery heroes, at the end when the potg starts

Same here. PS4 Pro. Only crashes during mystery heroes every 10-15 minutes random times sometimes mid-match. The worst .

Well 12 days since customer services personal has replied and nearly a month since the problem occurred. Typical Blizzard not giving a :poop: about console players. Guess I’m just going to have to play Fortnite now. Good luck to you all if they ever decide to fix their mistake.

2 Likes

Can’t believe this isn’t fixed yet. If this was on PC it would’ve been hotfixed day one. I have been kicked out of the majority of mystery heroes games for a straight month. Now the event is approaching and not even an update? Terrible customer service. The game is broken and you spent the majority of the month saying it is was Sony’s fault. If you had spent that time looking into the issue I’m sure it would be fixed.

4 Likes

So far in the last month my crashing has been non-stop on my pro… I’ve done a fresh install, done a fresh install on an external, reformatted my PS4, disconnected my camera, sent in every crash report ect. . nothing works.
I hope this is fixed before the Halloween event, I really look forward to it and as of right now I can’t even do my weekly arcade boxes.
Last night I tried to play a match with a second pro at home and first mine crashed in the first round and their game crashed in the second. . Fun times.

So glad its not just me, its been acknowledged in a few threads.
The difference between PC and consoles is that Blizzard can throw out updates all the time on PC and not go through a whole process of checking by Sony and MS, it so its a darn sight easier to roll out PC stuff. Guess console updates wait for the updates, one of which is coming next week. Fingers crossed.

My game has been crashing like this for about just as long. But mine crashes on Arcade, Quick play, and comp. It severely limits me on a win streak, and will crash midgame or at the end.

I have a Pro, and I keep super sampling on at all times. But overwatch is the only game crashing like this. So maybe the boost mode is to blame?

I have a digital copy, so it isn’t like I haven’t tried reinstalling it. But always the same results.

I’ve tried with the boost mode off and the steps laid out by Sony as many people here have but it hasn’t resolved the issue. Happened straight after Busan was rolled out and there hasn’t been any update since with the software or information. Also apparently it’s been noted as an issue but that’s all we know.

I am having this issue too! Seriously if BLIZZARD doesn’t fix this soon so I can use a product I have invested about $150 in, I may have to look into contacting the BBB, the Entertainment Software Association, the as well as writing a lengthy letter to Game informer and other video game publications. This is ridiculous that we are not able to use a product we paid for because they won’t fix the issue in a timely fashion! I get that you have to go through the red tape with Sony; but at LEAST keep us informed and up to date on what you are doing to fix it, as well as when we can expect it to be fixed! Show some respect for your customer base!

2 Likes

Now it is crashing before I even connect! This is the only game/app that’s doing this…

Yep Same issue. Since Busan. I’ve completely initialized the PS4 even re-installed the firmware from a fresh file from Sony. It still crashes. :-/

Ok so this morning the PS4 Pro crashed, the whole OS not just the game, after I launched the game. After restarting the PS4 Pro I went into Mystery Heroes and been playing as of now over an hour and no crash. So either A: the crash somehow fixed the problem in the odd mysterious electronic way or B: it was a server side issue that needed no patch to the PS4 Pro to fix.

EDIT: And of course after I post it starts doing it again. Lol… Sigh

So so pleased it’s not just me - this crash has been driving me crazy.

Also running a PS4 Pro, I can play Quick Play or Competitive all night, as soon as I switch to Mystery Heroes the crashing will start - I dread the weekly reset as I know I have to endure at least nine arcade games! :smiley:

I’ve done the usual, including removing and reinstalling the game and full reset of my Playstation.

Only noticed it happening since Busan.

Thanks for looking in to it, hopefully a fix soon. :pray:

I also had this problem. never had it before. I reinstalled the game, did a full system initialization. spent two days on these actions. As a result, the problem is not solved, it is impossible to play in the overwatch. Of course, two years have played, and that’s enough.

Hi there,
Same issue for me too. As everyone mentioned it started after the release of the Busan update. I was playing on PS4 Pro, solo, from France. I was afraid my PS4 was dying on me. I saw the crash happen during the Play of the Game but now it just crashes mid-game when playing Mystery Heroes. I basically stopped playing because I don’t want to get a penalty or even getting suspended. That’s a shame because on top of that I didn’t play my placements matches yet either and the Halloween event is coming this week. I’ll be super sad to miss it. We might be a small percentage of the player population (I assume) but having even a few people unable to play the game is unacceptable.

How can an issue that big not being known? I mean, before the patch comes out or a few hours after. How is it acceptable to let people unable to play for that long? I know patches take more time to land on consoles but I think that’s quite an emergency. I’m pretty sure we had some small patches in the past right after the release of a big patch on console, maybe during the last Halloween event? I’m not sure, but I think I remember some small patches outside of big Tuesday updates.

I really hope this issue will be fixed in the Halloween update, but even then it should have been fixed earlier. I’m not hating on Blizzard here at all, but I feel that it’s not fair we have to wait for the next big patch to just be able to play the game. Assuming it will be fixed then. I’m not on social media or other websites like Reddit but it would be great if the issue had a lot of attention. Maybe we could reach Overwatch news YouTube channels like YourOverwatch to spread the word?

I miss Overwatch.

2 Likes

And still no response on what is going on? WORST! CUSTOMER! SERVICE! EVER!

1 Like

Happens to me in QP very randomly after a few hours…glad to know it wasn’t just me.

1 Like