Game crashing after season 10 update?

Hello Everyone, I too had this issue. I attempted to fix via uninstall reinstall (both battlenet and OW), windows update, device manager driver update, and the built in repair tool. None of these worked; however, I went to AMD’s driver website and selected my AMD 6650 XT and downloaded the newest drivers. It took me through the whole AMD driver downloader and after it reset the computer OW2 now works just fine for me.

Some of us need to use oem or older drivers because the newest ones are incompatible with our gpus. Is there a fix planned for this, or are recent graphics drivers a new requirement to play the game?

Intel / NVIDIA user here. 14900KF + 4090

Experiencing non-stop crashing after latest patch, I even swapped ram out to see if it was hardware issue.

1 Like

Same issue here since the latest update: 14900K + 4090. On the latest nvidia driver.

same issue ive tried updating my drivers to the most updated version it bricked my computer 3 times ive had to restore my pc each time so im not trying that again when are the devs gonna give us an update to fix this or are they gonna keep saying the same automated response that doesnt actually fix anything

Hello P7NX - thanks for sending in your crash reports, it really helps! Do you happen to have the Radeon Boost feature on? If so, could you try disabling that, and see if that solves your issue?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Same! I’ve done everything and even sent in a ticket but nothing is working. It stays open longer when I open through Steam but it eventually crashes with the application error anyways :frowning:

Hey, ofc ill play with boost on :slight_smile: and you are right if i put boost on off it seems to solve the crash issue ill try it out and replay later again

I’m having this issue as well sadly. tried logging into overwatch and won’t last 10 minutes in-game or in the training environment

Error Code: D4F54B7B-6537-43F9-8F43-FAFEDC939ED7

My wife got the same problem.

ED0C4ECB-666D-4F67-9F02-1D750778D08F

We’ve had simmilar issues in the past, all related to old AMD graphics drivers.
The biggest problem here is, that she runs Windows 10 in Boot Camp on her Mac Book Pro.
There is an unofficial way to update the AMD driver (Adrenalin), but the latest version for Boot Camp is Adrenalin October 2023 edition (23.9.3) - driver version 23.20.11.04.

AFAIK we have no other chance to update the driver.
We just have to wait for a new supported driver version for Boot Camp I guess…

1 Like

So I went and updated through the AMD website…Battle.Net no longer opens. I downloaded the game via steam and now I can get into the game, but it’s so slow I can’t even play, and the graphics are terrible…

Same here, I can only make it into the game for 30 seconds max.

Same here. Literally wasnt having ANY issues before the Season 10 patch- in fact, I played THE NIGHT BEFORE with NO PROBLEMS. Now it’s crashing mid-game, in menus, I can’t even get into the practice range without it crashing. I doubt my computer shat itself overnight. Everything is up to date on my end.

I’ve been having this issue since season 9
Intel Core i9 13900K
36GB DDR5
Nvidia RTX 4090
drivers up to date
and just randomly crashes
temps are around 40 degrees

20 min ban (again) :cry:

looking forward to the 4 hour ban now!

I don’t have this issue with any other game :confused:

BlizzardError.Summary:
Overwatch - 2.9.0.0: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
<:BlizzardError.Summary>

BlizzardError.Assertion:
EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

Crashing Thread (ID: 15160)
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DF9DC8FC>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DFA2573D>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DFA2487C>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DFA25638>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DF877B21>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DF87945D>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DF87D984>()
DBG-ADDR<00007FF7DF875DB6>()

<:BlizzardError.Assertion>

1 Like

Actually I just fixed my issue: Use the AMD driver updater- make sure you update the FIRST 2 options that come up, not anything else.

I was having the same exact issue of crashing and black screen on Tuesday the 16th. I read through the forum and saw to update my drivers. I completely removed my Adreniline software as well as my video drivers, reboot, and reinstalled. I had up to date drivers before this and the reinstall was the same version I had before, but I was able to play the game for hours on the 17th. Today the crashing is back again. Game locks and screen goes black. I’m not having this issue in any other piece of software, and this started happening after the Season 10 update. Everything was fine prior to the update.

I know this doesn’t help in any way but exact same components as me and it is infuriating.

I turned all settings down to “low” and it has enabled me to stay in the game. I know that is NOT what we want, but for now if it helps you not get suspended and be able to play the game then I hope it works for you.

I just had a crash, not sure if someone from Blizz can check the code but it was:

60D00400-3602-4E42-80A9-5043BCD93E09

1 Like

:frowning: Game refuses to run for me. Have tried uninstalling Nvidia drivers thru DDU in safe mode and installing the latest drivers 552.22. Have also tried uninstalling OW and reinstalling, scan/repair. Nothing seems to work and the game just crashes as soon as i launch it.

Error code is BLZOWCLI00000004

Crash code with logs is below
F41FC0DE-322E-4A6E-B91B-E44C50286CAF

I see a bulletin has been posted regarding AMD fixes but no word of Nvidia.

Specs:
Intel i9-14900KF (non-overclocked)
64GB Corsair DDR5 @ 4800MHz
EVGA RTX 3070

Things I’ve done to troubleshoot:
Tried a known working GTX 1050TI
Uninstalled OW2 & Reinstalled
Uninstalled Battle.net and Reinstalled
Installed W10 on another SSD, installed OW2
Used the DDU tool in Safe Mode to uninstall all Nvidia drivers
Installed an old stable version of Nvidia driver
Installed the newest version of Nvidia driver
Installed Nvidia GeForce Experience app
Installed the new Nvidia App
Reset my BIOS settings to Default
Manually adjusted page file for virtual memory
Installed the Steam version of OW2
Verified integrity of game files
Ran /sfc Scannow, DISM, etc.
Removed each memory module and moved around each DIMM slot
Underclocked my CPU
Reduced RAM speed from 4800MHz to 4000MHz

Crash Code: 766F0C2E-FF46-4165-B1B2-D475C4E57696

1 Like

Crashed 4 times in 5 matches. I’m probably getting punished by the game for that. Sent the crashes from the pop-ups that appeared. Game is currently unplayable & I bought the BP which I cannot progress. Time is ticking and I would like to reach all titles. Where is the fix and the compensation?