Game crashes when trying to access social hub in-game

Within Overwatch 2, whenever I try to open the social hub to see my friends list, who’s online and invite them and such, the game immediately crashes. I’ve been encountering this since the most recent update done about 2 days ago.

Report ID related attached.
E762B43F-6265-4BE1-A05A-C2F5AA0A3891

The crash report does not specify what went wrong, just states that the game crashed unexpectedly.

Note, I have ran the repair tool twice and have also attempted to reinstall the game. All my drivers are up to date and no other background application is running. I’ve tried all suggestions within the blizzard forums. No other game encounters this problem.

2 Likes

Howdy!

This is an Access Violation. Checking your report, I saw DiscordHook64.dll active. Discord is perfectly fine, but its overlay can cause conflicts with Overwatch 2. Can you try disabling the Overlay following the steps Here, then retest.

Thank you!

2 Likes

the same thing is happening to me

I have the same issue. Here is the Report ID related : B41D323F-E74A-43D7-B8F5-88CAADC2C5C7

It is also an access violation, but I don’t have any overlay open while in the game. I have also noted that after several hours of playtime, the game do not crash when opening the social menu.

I fixed the problem by rolling back my Realtec audio drivers to a previous version. Hope this helps.

You respond to this but but not high ping Aus servers?!

Report ID: AC0CEA3D-2848-40BF-842B-3E6166EE81FD
The same thing has been happening to me ever since this most recent patch. I have tried repairing my game files, restarting my computer & internet, and updating my drivers. Although this problem doesn’t always happen on other accounts, it happens at random times or when I interact with things in the game like social menu, etc. I am unsure if this is an account issue, a computer issue, or a bug within the game, but please help! The random constant crashing is preventing me from playing competitive! Let me know if anyone finds a fix <3

Same problem here!
Report ID: E69E1D75-FDC8-4BC8-AD5A-72689D97663E

Already got two bans on competitive match because of this crashes. I thought that was a randon crashes. Now i know by clicking in the social hub the game immediately crashes. What a bizarre situation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.