A week ago i plugged in my second monitor, and since then no matter how many times ive uninstalled, repaired, deleted game settings, updated drivers, uninstalled Razer…It still crashes to a black screen on start.
Have you removed the second monitor at all?
If removing the second monitor helps, first make sure the monitor is plugged into a port that uses your graphics card and not on-board memory graphic chipset. (See picture as an example).
Yeah they’re both connected to the graphics card and i’ve tried going back to one monitor with both the old one and new one.
Can you add your DxDiag for troubleshooting?
Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
- Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
- In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
To add it to your reply here:
- Open the text file and copy all of the text.
- Paste the text in your reply.
- Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.
Here’s the pastebin.
Probably related to the Razer Chroma issue mentioned in the pinned threads:
Thank you so much! It was those leftover files.
Awesome, glad we figured it out