Game crashes after Ashe update

Were you able to play normally before Ashe’s update?

2 Likes

Yes! But now i’m having all this problems, i don’t know if i should reinstall the game.

I don’t know, let’s wait if someone shows up… if not we will have to reinstall I think…

1 Like

same thing here, after ashes update game crashes , and if im playing ranked then after few seconds game crashes, and thats only after this update, is there any Solutions yet?

2 Likes

After Ashe’s Update, I can’t play OW any more.the game loads but i can’t see ashe in background!! and stuck on loading!!
even tried re install windows and update all drivers to latest version, and re-install the OW too! NONE works at all ! I think there is a bug with this new update (Ashe) and OW didn’t work for some PC. Need Fix

I was playing OW normally before Ashe Update.but now i can’t play any game mode neither practice mode!

2 Likes
1 Like

Same problem, i couldn’t try ashe out in ptr and even at the normal ow doesn’t load in anything

Ty dude. It works for me!
Just add this command line in battle APP >> Setting >> Game Setting >> Overwatch …mark additional command line arguments and copy below command
–tank_WorkerThreadCount 1

now i can play the game,But there is still one problem.after game loads,if i change window by pressing ALT+TAB,the game screen goes black completely!! can’t play any OW until restart the game.
also if i change window by ALT+TAB before the game loads,also screen goes black and can’t play

This is a temporary solution. Bill said his team is working on fixing it. So unfortunately I can only advice you on trying to not alt+tab :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah i read it, im gonna Wait for the update for this problem i guess

well im waiting, lost 200 points on ranked for leaving, reason was that error ;D

Same, I can’t see Ashe in the background nor play. I get suck in the loading screen loop after I’m getting removed from inactivity.
Should I try to reinstall it?

1 Like

Same here. Game just dies. Cannot minimize it, doesn’t react to Ctrl+Alt+Del, mouse doesn’t move. Rollback mb ?
Specs i5 7400, msi nvidia 1060 3gb, 8gb ram

I’m having similar-ish problems. I don’t have any issues in the main menu, but pretty much whenever I enter a game it crashes with the first two minutes. Black screen, voice channel and ingame music are still there but everything else is gone.

It might be connected to alt-tabbing, I just restarted everything and carefully made sure that I never tabbed out after opening the game, and for the first time in a while it didn’t crash. I also just used the repair installation feature though which might also have impacted things (one crash, one good game since) and I haven’t done further testing, so it could be an outlier.

Edit: I for one don’t have to do a complete reboot by the way, after the crash I can still make the bar at the lower end of my screen appear by alt-tabbing and usually close the game manually through right clicking the Overwatch symbol and using the “close window/application” mechanic there. Might have to do it a few times though.

I have the same problem. I just reinstall this 3 times and nothing change. Plz help me. I want to play… or delete this game, cause i cant wait anymore…

I tried Bill’s solution, played a whole match and when It finished, the game froze… so I gyuess I’m waiting for the next update

1 Like

A friend of mine just told he’s having the same problem. He doesn’t speak English so I’ll be answering for him.

Please Blizz! Help us =/

LIRTASSAYA 16:21:39
I’m sorry. :frowning: But we really aren’t able to modify SR in any way, or remove leaver suspensions.

Look your game master addressing the situation but unable to rectify the problem which is clearly as i highlighted an issue with your server.

What do you do to help anyone of senior management. how do you assist the players who have been booted from your server while playing competitive. how do you reimburse these players! if the answer is you dont reimburse players with sr due to your faulty servers. I would encourage everyone to stop playing this retarded game that doesnt care about its players

delete game bro. i might as well. blizzard does nothing its a bunch of people pretending to address problems but they just copy and paste pre-written documents to players and they say it addresses the problem. Jeff has created a “competitive esports game” where players can just randomly leave in game and u get penalized for it.

Its going to get like diablo where it was good when it released and its literally unplayable now. I can tell you as i pre-ordered diablo for ps4… and its horrendous. If they keep this up they will loose all credibility.

guess what everyone that looses connectivity isnt getting anything from blizzard, they said just to play more…and guess what the server will boot u again and u cant climb u just go down the ranks. why cant someone with a brain cell acknowledge how to appeal to the gamers.