Game crashed while in comp after sigma update

I have never had overwatch crash on me before, and while I have a cpu and gpu overclock on my system, I have had the exact same settings with no difference for years, and never had overwatch crash on me. Today, while in comp no less, my game crashed and said something along the lines of rendering device lost.

No temps are outside a healthy threshold (75 C roughly), AND AGAIN, using these exact same settings I have been playing the PTR for weeks with no issue. My gpu driver is up to date, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary on my pc.

Given that everyone has been experiencing rendering device lost, clearly this is a problem with the game client, and I demand I get my sr back if this can even be fixed.

For the record, I do not have an RTX card as tech support seems to think this is not an ow client problem. I have a 1080.

1 Like

Sorry, that’s not going to happen. You can read more about the policy here:

The error message is a courtesy alert that Blizzard provides when Windows shuts down your GPU because it is taking too long to respond to commands.

Sometimes you can find the cause of this error via the Windows Event Manager around the time of the crash. Other times it’s related to third-party apps interfering with what’s being displayed (the game vs something else), corrupted drivers, or overheating.

Please include a DxDiag if you’d like members of the community to help you troubleshoot.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Note: I’m a volunteer/fellow player, and I don’t work at Blizzard.