Game crashed, I returned, I'm banned for 30 minutes?

So for some reason, the game froze on me and I had to reboot. I re-entered the game. We lost because of that and when I went to join another match I’m banned for 30 minutes. What kind of crap is that?
If someone re-joined they shouldn’t be banned due to the fault that is out of their hands.
Like yesterday, we had strong winds that knocked out the power. I re-joined the match, we won. I went to get into another match and it showed that I had a ban timer…
Plus on top of that I lose points? This is complete garbage

1 Like

The same thing happened to me, but I got banned for 2 hours. The game went black during a game and I had to force the computer to log out. I was in full-screen at the time. (It was 2hrs because I’ve had trouble with the computer overheating and shutting itself down, but that’s fixed now)

This is not a bug. This is intended. OP, you left your 2nd game within ~20 games, so your suspension was 30 minutes. Boolean, you left your 3rd. You guys both have recurring issues you need to take care of before you play competitive.

I agree if you rejoin and win the game, you shouldn’t be suspended, but if you lose you should. The time away from the game more often than not will cost your team the game, so you need to be penalized or you’ll just keep ruining games for others.