Game Crashed for no reason

I was playing a competitive game just now, and all of the sudden the game crashed, which has never ever ever happened to me before. It was NOT a network problem.
It is not my fault that a game that I downloaded from your platform Blizzard Battlenet crashed in the middle of the match. That was a fault of your provided software, which is something you developer in the technical department needs to work harder on. Ive been using the same pc for playing Overwatch since season 1 in 2016, and the game has never crashed.
It is not my fault that I had to reopen the game and rejoin the match. The match result was a DRAW so no one wins. If no one loses, why the heck do I have to be the one who loses SR??? This is so unfair.
Why do I have to get punished for something that is not my fault??
As a loyal customer, I thought Blizzard would be different, which is why I chose to stay with Blizzard for so long. What an unhappy experience. And miserable!!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue so I am gonna comment in case it gets solved.

Is this how blizzard support their customers and deal with the issues? Much disappointed.
Good job!!! and Goodbye forever

Please be advised that the Technical Support forum is not the primary direct assistance platform for Blizzard, instead they have the web ticket system if you wish to reach out to Blizzard directly. The technical support forum is primarily intended to allow players to help each other out with common technical issues. While players like myself and Blizzard Support Agents work to help other players as much as possible. It is unrealistic to answer them all here on this forum.

To answer your original question…

Rejoining a game is only possible during certain phases of the game. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Thanks a lot, WyomingMyst-1633 If I need information about how the Penalties work, the Game Master Torafael from the customer support has already copy and pasted to me in which he stated much more detail than your reply. It is the support team who told me to post a feed in the player forum for the development team as the MOST direct method to notify the developers of potential bugs and issue.
These are the original and actual words from the customer support team. So here I am on this useless forum. Your reply is appreciated, and here are some links down below about how the mechanism works for you to read thoroughly in case of next time if you want to help answer the similar question, you’ll do better.
Dont thank me, Im just gonna copy and paste like every person in customer support team does when they reply the ticket.

If you like to learn more about how leaver penalty work you can have a look at the link below.
• How Leaver Penalties Function
http ://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745234477#post-6
• Leaver Penalties Due to Disconnects
http ://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749067802#post-13

To avoid disconnection from play it is my recommendation that you should secure your internet connection to avoid disconnection from play, I have included the link below that have instruction for you to maintain optimal connection.
https ://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Optimizing-Your-Internet-Connection