Game crash when joining comp

Twice now when joining comp, the game has frozen and I have been kicked for inactivity. As a result of this I have lost 100SR and received a 10 minute suspension each time. This has only started recently, which makes me think it is a bug in the latest update (there is also a problem with the voice menu in-game). I’ve used scan and repair to no success.

Just browsing in the forums I can see this has happened to many other players. I would like SR compensation, and for Blizzard to recognise this as a bug in the game, and not a problem for just individuals. (Responses thus far have just told people to make sure they meet minimum requirements…)

2 Likes

This keeps happening to me, was there a solution to this?

I was worried that it was my computer and have been too scared to play competitive because I lose SR for no reason. This has happened to me twice and I have lost 100SR as well.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

I’ve been getting this issue too, and I don’t care as much that I’m losing SR, that’s not the problem.
The problem is that my game is crashing when I enter a game sometimes? And it’s not just a case of closing down the client and reopening it, I have to hold the power button and completely reboot my laptop.
I don’t think it’s exactly brag-worthy, but I have an Omen HP laptop, one of the sponsors of the Overwatch league or whatever it was, and apparently it can’t handle Overwatch? I’ve never had this issue with any other game, so please help :frowning:

1 Like

Same here,
I’ve too an Omen HP Laptop and my game crashed when I joined sometimes. I used hp cloud recovery tool and it didn’t happened anymore at first, but today it crashed when I joined in Qickplay. Now I don’t know if my problem is fixed. And I have always this symbols on the right of my screen , that show a bad connection or something like this.

Did you solved this problem, if you did how?

If the game is automatically closing or your losing connection it maybe your computer. Check your event log when this happens and see if anything comes up.

If the issue still persists you either want to start your own thread in #technical-support or create a web talk with customer support which can be found here. Contact Support

try not to necrobump as it’s against the forum post, you will want to start your own thread if the post is too old and hasn’t been replied to in more then a month