Game crash, rejoin game and win. Still lose Sr?

I was in a competitive match on Lunar colony and halfway through the second round the game crashed on me. I reset the game and rejoined the match and we ended up winning. I was at roughly 2800 before the match and despite winning my Sr dropped to 2776. I play on Xbox if that’s relevant information

Rejoining a game is only possible during certain phases of the game. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes that fail to return in a timely manner counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Crashes on Xbox are rare, can you please specify the error code or system behavior when you crash? If you are disconnecting from the internet (Error code: LC-202) please specify that instead.

Yes I believe it was a network disconnect rather than the game itself crashing. I reset my router and when I opened overwatch it allowed me to rejoin the match which I finished the last couple of rounds on and we came out with the win. After the game my Sr was lower than before

Well if you are disconnecting frequently, first please avoid Competitive Play, and if necessary check out these steps first:

I don’t disconnect frequently, this is the first time it’s happened to me in years of playing overwatch

Thats good. Whenever I hit a rare disconnection, I usually try to finish the current match, then I play several rounds in Quick Play to ensure the problem won’t arise again. Then go back and try to regain the lost SR. Good luck!

That’s the thing, I rejoined the same match that it kicked me from and I won it yet I still lost sr

Actually, you can? You are able to hardware ban people, so technically, you could track hardware bugs that causes crashes. This is just another lazy attempt by Blizzard to justify not having to do anything despite them having access to our hardware.

Even assuming the technology is in place (which is isn’t), it is more important to deter unwanted behavior such as a player being ignorant of their technical issues. Sorry but if you are crashing, then you are leaving and leavers will be penalized.