Game crash on death

what the hell is going on… I’m in comp and this is twice that the game crashes on me. Not only am I losing points because the game is messed up, I’m now on a 2 hour ban.

I effing just wanted to play comp and have a few drinks tonight but your game won’t let me have fun…

2 Likes

This has also happened to me twice now. I’ve never had DC, crash, or freeze issues prior to the most recent patch. Since then, I have experienced my game freezing going into the map/prior to hero selection (I can still hear the music play all the way through/sounds of my team in spawn but cannot see anything), I have also experienced my game crashing right after dying - it just freezes on my death, I’m still hearing the game and in VC, but my game won’t do anything.

In both instances, the only way to fix the issue is having to do a hard reboot. I cannot even Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task Manager to force stop the game.

Drivers are all up to date, no background programs, downloads, overlay issues, etc. Scanned & repaired OW via Blizzard client and problem still persists.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX960M
Windows 10 (64 bit)
16GB RAM

1 Like

I have also been having the same issues since the most recent patch. It isn’t consistent though. I have already attempted both a repair and a reinstall and it hasn’t fixed it.

Same with never crashed before patch. Crashed like 5 times pass few days. SR is crap. Down time up to 1 and half hour.

I can add that my game is also crashing on death, and it started after this patch. If it helps, I played a LOT on the PTR to test the Hanzo rework and I wasn’t encountering the crashes then.

I had the same crash but while the Lijiang map was loading.

I couldn’t even kill the overwatch proccess on task manager because the game screen kept maximized.

A few minutes ago the same problem occurred as that described by you guys, during kill cam.

I can also attest that upon death the game locks up and crashes. Both me and my duo partner have had this problem. Can we please get an acknowledgement that this is being looked into? <3

This issue is mostly being discussed on the Technical Support forum