Game crash == immediate ban?

My client crashed in comp, I clicked off the error, immediately restarted the client, and rather than rejoining the game, it gave me a 10 minute ban (and automatic loss) - um… why? I mean I’ll forgive your client crashing sometimes, programming to cover all pc platforms is hard, but why can’t I reconnect? And if the client detected it was crashing, why the immediate ban?
I feel like I’m being penalised for your mistakes, and the rest of my team was punished also.

All leaving is treated the same because there is no way to see when people pull their power cord to avoid losses etc. More info here: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties

Well, regardless of why I crashed (though this was easily detectable from pulling a power cord, as the game was still up and an error message box was there waiting for me to click it, and battle.net client never closed down) - but regardless of why it crashed, I was logged back in in <15 seconds, and it didn’t allow me to rejoin my match and play to win it (it was totally winnable) but instead gave me an immediate ban and disallowed me from reconnecting. My question is why that?