Game closes randomly, leaves no error message

I’ve been playing Overwatch since its launch, but I’ve had a recent reoccurring problem where Overwatch would shut itself down as if something hit Alt+F4, leaving no error messages or crash reports of any kind. Nothing in particular seems to cause this either, since it’s closed itself in the beginning of matches, the hero select screen, the hero gallery, hell it’s even crashed in the main menu.

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling Overwatch, shutting down and restarting my computer, disabling everything relating to Game Mode in Windows 10, closing out of every background program except for Razer and my security system, told my security system to trust Overwatch, tried using the scan/repair option in the battle.net app, made sure that both my computer and game were up to date… but nothing seems to be working so far, and I haven’t been able to find a fix online either.

Getting some sort of fix before the summer event ends would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to send more info to help troubleshoot my problem then please let me know.

System Specs:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i71. -7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
  • Windows Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Have you looked in your Windows Event Manager to see what’s happening as the crashes happen?

How would I go about using it to troubleshoot the game? I’ve loaded it up before and tried using it to see what’s going wrong, but I don’t know what to look for exactly.

Thanks for your reply by the way, hopefully there’s an easy fix for this and it’ll help anyone else that runs into the same problem.

EDIT: I did find something about overwatch.exe being in a deadlock, but I don’t know what that is or if it has anything to do with this error. Figured it might be useful information to share, though.

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System. Anything with a red mark should be noted, especially kernel activity. Don’t worry about DistributedCOM errors. If you could also provide a DxDiag, using a service like pastebin (just give us the end of the link), that would be great.

First off, here’s the DxDiag:
pastebin.c
om/vnXpEArJ

But anyway, I downloaded the most recent patch, updated my graphics driver and mouse software, adjusted my battery settings to prioritize performance (I’m on a HP laptop), and went over to a friend’s place to crash and use their wi-fi… And for a while, everything worked great. The game was working long enough for me to complete the Nano Cola challenge, I was able to keep Chrome and Discord open, and I was this close to closing this thread since it seemed like the problem was fixed.

Then the random closings started to happen again.

I checked the event viewer for System and it didn’t have anything listed from the time of the crash, but there was something in Application that read “DllHost (12368,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.”. And I thought that this might have been causing it, but then I had another crash that wasn’t accompanied by this event. And since I can’t find anything this time that’s related to the most recent crash, I don’t know where else to look.

It might be worth noting that now I can get through a round or two before the crashes happen? Probably not, but it’s worth a shot?

I think your problem is related to the issue they have in the stickies of this forum.

But it should also be noted that your Windows is trying to update (please do this), your Norton Security might be interfering with something, and you might be having a CPU issue, since all three are producing errors.

the same is happening to my cold war and warzone i opened the game and then i wait like 30 seconds it opens im at the menu and then closes ramdomly

Hey there. This post is two years old and the games you’re having issues with are not supported in this forum. Instead, you’ll want to visit the Activision forums: