Game can't launch

I was playing fine the other day but it seems after the small patch the other day my game just crashes on launch. All I get is a Windows error saying “Overwatch Application has stopped working”. I’ve repaired the game files, and followed the instructions for Selective Startup from the sticky thread but it still immediately crashes. Would a reinstall fix it? I’ve been hoping to avoid having to do that.

Edit: I’ve just updated the PTR client to see if that would open but it’s giving me the same error. Other Blizzard games work fine so it’s just OW. Would really love a fix for this!

I’m having the same problem as you. I hope they fix it!

Same here will hit the launch but screen go’s black then crash no error message I have repaired uninstall then reinstall both game and battle net launcher.

ey, i was having this problem.You should look at other forums post.Some of the people’s problems were solved.But it didn’t help me.I reinstalled the game 3 times, reinstalled windows.I gave up and switched to another game.But I had the same issue, but it gave me an error messgae.I searched that up.And it teaches me how to fix it.This is the solution:
This error occurs if kernel debugging has been enabled in the Windows Boot Configuration. EasyAntiCheat requires this feature to be disabled.

To fix the issue, disable kernel debugging by running the following command in command-line as Administrator and restart Windows once for the changes to take effect:

bcdedit -set DEBUG OFF
Remember to restart your pc after doing that

1 Like