Game and system crashing: VoiceClient issue?

Since the Storm Rising update, my Overwatch client has been crashing in a predictable pattern.

If I play one round of an Archives event, everything runs as usual. GPU and CPU temps are normal, FPS is normal, latency is normal.

But if I play a second or third round, the game either:

(a) loses network connection and then immediately closes
(b) entire PC immediately crashes and shuts down, full power off

I’ve only been able to replicate this in OW, and no other game or program will cause this crash. I’ve run a system diagnostic, updated drivers, etc., and everything seems to otherwise run smoothly.

In the OW logs, I get this message (from last two crashes):

[8032] [ERR] [Game] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-04-17T06:59:19.010Z]: #= VoiceClient: ERROR:+ Channel 558210604 not found for member 2132802906 request MEMBER_MODIFY
[8032] [ERR] [Game] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-04-17T06:59:19.010Z]: #= VoiceClient: ERROR:+ Channel 558210604 not found for member 911648146 request MEMBER_MODIFY

Nothing on the search I could find regarding this particular error.

Not looking for a fix from Blizzard, since this is more likely an issue arising from an older custom PC, but just wondering if there’s any info on what would kick back this particular error so I know where to start looking to fix it on my end.

1 Like

Hi there LastSlice,

I looked over this and know that crash issues like this are never fun. You just want to play the game and it is not working how it should. More so, it sounds like the computer quickly follows the game closing.

This does sound like hardware as the full computer shuts down. What I would want to do is check the state of the hardware. Use the tool on that page to find out if your hitting close to overheat temps when jumping in a training match.

If that does not help, you could post a DxDiag on the forums. It will help us look a bit deeper in to the issue. :slight_smile:

DxDiag:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this, you can use pastebin.com as It is a bunch of information.

(provide the code from the pastebin link - the bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/ Qk28Ed1P)

/Nathardrick

The Windows Event Viewer could be useful as a troubleshooting tool here as well. Those voice system log messages aren’t particularly concerning and unfortunately don’t indicate anything about the root problem you’re experiencing.

2 Likes

Thank you both!

The HWMonitor showed my GPU was running a little hot. Upped my min fan speeds and lowered max processor state, and that kept things cooler. No crashes since making these changes. I’ll keep working on my end to see if I can find the culprit for the issue.

I had a monitor running, but it wasn’t noting temp spikes or crash reports. My guess is the crash was happening before the event could be logged.

Since this is still early (a couple hours of play), if more issues arise do you prefer I reply to this same thread or open a new one?

1 Like

Hi there again LastSlice,

Replying here is fine. If a few days go by though, I would make a new thread.

I am glad to hear we were able to help get you moving in the right direction. We do love to know when we have helped. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

1 Like

for WTF reason that i never successfully reconnect?i use less than 30seconds and than i was baned and cost my score
and why the rest of five player have to continue play when somebody is leave after the first ground?why could not just call the game not valid ? who make this rules?tell me!!!!FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF