FWD keybinding problem

i am trying to bind the forward movement to my left mouse button and it won’t allow it. i tested and it won’t allow me to bind the left mouse to any direction keys. i do have the ability to bind the right mouse button to any movement…just not my left. I have even tried different mice and turned off any mouse software. i also made sure that the left mouse wasn’t bound to any other abilities. any ideas?

I think left click is restricted to certain key bindings. I want to say this is to ensure that if your program focus is toggled from Overwatch to the Windows desktop that you still have the ability to click on things while Overwatch is running, but that is purely a speculative guess.

Thank you for the response…
however, unless they changed it. i use to have the keybinded and played with left as my fwd option. the default keys got reapplied…so, i just went to set them back and it won’t work now. i prefer to have my left/right mouse buttons as my fwd/back.

I believe they did change it, but it was quite a long time ago. Currently the intended behavior is to not be able to change it. Please see: Cannot bind Move Forward to mouse 1? - #7 by Kaldraydis-1147

Thanks for the reply.
well, that kinds wrecks the game for me. I play all my 1st person shooters this way… so, i guess until they fix it. im done with overwatch.

1 Like