Funny topics deleted?

I sometimes feel like half the forums are like: “Post I disagree with? Trolling. We better mass flag that.”

3 Likes

I just flag anything by that Wabba dude.

1 Like

I think that overwatch the game itself is more trolly and more cursing then the forums. People just abuse the flag because they can.

I mean sometimes I’m caught off-guard by funny stuff because I’m mostly here to see what people think about recent developments, but then I remember that this forum is called “general discussion”

:’(

Hopefully not that awesome joke I made on some OWL topic. That was glorious.

I think that’s exactly how a percentage of the forum population thinks, unfortunately.

1 Like

I had similar unpleasant experience…
However one has to realise this is a private forum own by Blizzard and we should be grateful to have it at all…
Their moderating is a bit whimsical… but usually they leave topic pertaining to clearly to Overwatch, whether they are complaint r not… but if it’s about “stuff” they tend to be trigger (deletion) happy if anyone complains…

These forums are made to discuss Overwatch, not some parody.
If the community thinks it doesn’t fit on the forums, then they can flag it.
As long it’s a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Moderators base their verdict on what the community deems acceptable within these forums too, so if it’s innapropiate/offensive or doesn’t have a place on these forums action can be taken.

|Now that we’re talking about the CoC:

Don’t post about locked or deleted threads.
There’s always a reason behind our moderators’ decisions. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

Doesn’t need to be targeted:
| Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity
1 Like

That doesn’t seem fair

It actually is pretty fair.

These forums were created for feedback, but empty complaining is just in practice a form of spam.

1 Like

There was a thread hard brain-inting talking about dps is to be blamed for everything. I got some reply in and before going afk saw a reply.

Then when I come back the reply disappeared cuz the whole thread is gone. That thread was already flagged too. My guess is forum support today has been very active and just removes more thread than I have ever seen.

Oh just noticed something else.

^ That’s a big nono, so maybe the main reason it got taken down.
There is a profanity filter, and if it’s bypassed then it’s in violation with the CoC.

Inappropriate Language

This category includes language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Are a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
  • Are otherwise considered objectionable
  • Bypass the Mature Language filter

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Ok so explain this to me, why a similar parody post has been up for almost a year on the WoW forums without anyone complaining or calling it a troll?

Nvm don’t answer me, I read what you wrote and I clearly see what kind of person you are.

It’s not my issue that the community is different between 2 different games.

You can complain all you want but this post removal was pretty valid, and this thread itself is also a violation of the CoC.

That’s… pretty offensive.

even censored is not allowed, no joke, i got a warning for censoring what someone told me in game :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

Masked profanity still is subjected to punishments. And also talking about closed or locked threads can result in the OP being punished

What happened to this community…

last part " Don’t post about locked or deleted threads.

There’s always a reason behind our moderators’ decisions. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules."

Just saying. Watch out for rules here, its easiest way to get punished when you ignore them.

To be completely fair, punishments rarely work if people do not understand what they did wrong. And given that they never tell you want rule you supposedly broke, it is no surprise that people do not change their behavior.

True, especialy with differend people see stuff in differend light, but what else can you do, post about stuff that are not allowed just to get punished again? Some things are managed badly, but some rules are plain and simple and people dont folow even those, or even cared to read them.
But if you remind those people of their existence they go full defence mode about how you are bad person for saying what they done wrong :man_shrugging:

1 Like