Full SR lose for leavers still?

I am serious. You start even. One team loses someone. Now they are disadvantaged. Bringing them back to even is not the same as giving them an advantage. It’s not a difficult concept.

The current system is broken. The current leaver punishment is not enough to deter the behavior. It still happens very frequently. At least in my games, I have a leaver on my team when I’m winning as often as when I’m losing. And only rarely do we win that 5 v 6. It does happen, but not often.

If you don’t like any of the above solutions, offer one of your own. If you think it’s OK as it is now then I can’t take you seriously.

1 Like

Simple. If you are in the same GROUP of the leaver EVERYONE in the GROUP (not team) gets the penalty. If I am on a team as a solo queue and someone in the 5man leaves…I shouldn’t get any SR loss.

There is no way possible to abuse this.

2 Likes

Ive come here, cause im sick and tired of working hard playing this game competitively to rise rating only to have 3 leavers in a row and inevitably lose all progress.

Why are us respectable players being punished for leavers? We’re just trying to have fun!

Change the system, stop messing around. If an individual has left a game more than twice (and being reported) then by default match that individual up with other ‘leavers’ in the competitive matchmaking games, so us decent players dont have to deal with them! That’s what DOTA does! and it works!

And also, if you have a leaver on your team, dont deduct SR, fair enough a loss, fair enough a win to the other team, but on SOLO Q its just plain unfair and demoralising. Blizzard you do want people’s SR to truly reflect their skill and do you want honest respectable players to genuinely enjoy the game on a daily basis???

2 Likes

I won’t play competitive till blizzard stops punishing players because of leavers. Overwatch is a buy to play game, you can suspend accounts for leaving to prevent it to be “abused because of peer pressure”.

Thats why grouped people should lose sr for leavers still not solo queuers

1 Like

You can leave group mid game. Abuse guaranteed.

Losing no SR after a loss would fix the toxicity with leavers because the team won’t care if someone leaves they will probably be happy so they don’t lose sr

I agree with Jooki-1951

Threads like this are why we need downvotes.

I won’t play competitive till blizzard stops punishing players because of leavers.

Good riddance. The fewer players in comp who tilt over everything the better.

Blizzard can fix this really easy, here’s how. In a fair competitive match (i.e. no one quits) the average SR loss per player on the losing team is about 28. If someone quits or gets disconnected (and the disconnection is not because of blizzard servers acting up) the remaining players should only have a maximum SR loss of 5. As for the person or persons who quit the should lose 28+(523) for a grand total of 143 SR loss and also be temporarily banned from competitive play. This would be fair. And just like the banned time increases with each quit the SR loss should increase by some multiplier (i.e. x143) with each quit within a certain period of time. This would quickly separate the quitters (immature players) from those players trying to take it to the next level (mature players). If two people quit they both get 2143 SRl loss. If three people quit they all get 3143 SR loss so on and so forth. I’ve been playing since season 1 I’ve never quit and I can count the times I’ve been disconnected on one hand. Lastly the rank to play comp should be increased to 50 from 25 for those players that think they can just make a new account. This is harsh but it would seriously cut down on the problem. Blizzard, please reach out to me I would love to brainstorm with you on this issue. But if you do nothing that automatically puts you on the side of the offenders.

I did not put 2143 I typed 2x143 and 3x143 respectively. It removed my adterosks.

The way I see it, abuse will occur either way. So pick the lesser evil: Backfill.

Since when does good sportsmanship feel bad? The other team should still have a chance when someone leaves. You play at a rank where you have very few leavers, so of course it doesnt affect you as much. Is it your mission to keep the little guy down or make them want to quit? I don’t understand your logic. Do you make money selling accounts or influencing matches through win trading or something? How can you be so opposed to something that benefits everyone except trolls and cheaters?

Good sportsmanship? Throwing the other team a better player because you were beating them so badly is “good sportsmanship” now? What happened to understanding that the game started fair, one team was beating the other team SO BADLY that someone left, and being a good sport and taking the win/loss? Why do you need to be such a bad sport and create whiny posts about some convoluted system to deal with your losses?

1 Like