Frustrated Parent - Overwatch 2

Needing a tennis racquet doesn’t make tennis ‘Pay 2 Play’ because you can borrow one from a friend.

Entering a tennis tournament is ‘Pay 2 Play’ because you need to pay an entry fee to the tournament organizer to play. You can borrow the money from a friend, sure, but each entrant needs to pay to play.

Blizzard is not charging you to play OW2. You can borrow a sim/phone number from a friend. OW2 is not Pay to Play… :wink:

It’s literally the definition off of the internet? Well why didn’t you say so! OW2 pay 2 play. What an unnecessary argument.

I already had to argue with the other guy, so if you are going to literarily repeat his silly counter argument then don’t. Try to think critically and come up with your own argument.

Here is my final statement on the matter since you clearly didn’t decide to read it:

1 Like

Your argument is self defeating unless you want to call every game on the market P2P since there is some sort of payment barrier to play them, and at that point you’re arguing a point nobody cares about.

I’m not arguing with you. There’s no argument to be had about this topic. Either we’re being ridiculous or we’re not.

Tu connais le jeu ? On dira pas mdr

It’s this one. I would bet a whole month’s paycheck that if it was one of their carriers, they would pissed about this change, but it doesn’t so they don’t care.

News is, they changed it.

SO you can come and go as you please. Now you just have to wait for the long line to get in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sir, one you are disagreeing with I am saying, that is an argument. Just because you don’t like or agree with what I am saying does not change that fact. Maybe instead of getting on to me about Dictionary definitions you should actually read the Dictionary.

Two in a way every game could be considered P2P, but at that point there isn’t really P2P because there isn’t F2P. But that is silly, do you know why? Because you kind of need the hardware to actually run a game. You do not need a phone to run your PC or Console game. It is not required hardware. Just like I told the other guy, a chair doesn’t count because you don’t need a chair to access your video game. You did, and still do depending on when you bought the game, need a phone number to play the game.

With that logic Overwatch 2 is actually a F2P flipping Mobile game. So how about this, I’ll say it’s a F2P game with a giant P2P barrier sitting in front of it. Much like an open road with a toll booth in front of it though, I don’t think you are getting to the free/open part unless you pay.

Sir, madam or other, one you are disagreeing with what I am saying. That is what an argument is, two people disagreeing. Just because you don’t agree with me or what I am saying doesn’t change that fact. So maybe instead of getting on to me about looking up Dictionary definitions, you actually read a Dictionary.

Two, all games in a way are P2P. But there is an understanding that P2P does not include hardware that is needed to run the game. You can’t play without some type of gaming system. Chairs (like the other guy try to use against me) and phones are not needed to run PC and Console games. Therefore by forcing people to not only have phone (easy since most do), but also have a post-paid phone plan (which a lot of people don’t) they are adding a paid barrier. That is the easiest way to distinguish between P2P and F2P.

If you use your logic:

We should call Overwatch 2 a Mobile game.

So how about this, I won’t call Overwatch 2 a P2P game, it’s just a F2P game with an external P2P barrier. Much like an open road with a toll barrier though, I don’t think you are getting to the free/open part without paying.

1 Like

you are aware of all the satanic symbolism within this game? you let your young sons play this. go look at all the sprays just for starters!

On the 7th it’ll be changed. If it isn’t delayed. Also this only applies to legacy accounts. So I’m good but any new players still won’t be able to use cricket/metro. I just hope this is a short term solution and more are planned but this is blizzard.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t6: The oddity of my youth is that while my folks let me play Diablo 1/2 , Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain, Devil May Cry, Doom and other stuff. I could not play Grand Theft Auto . They thought it was too much like real crime :police_car::man_police_officer:t3:that youth get involved in. But fantasy daemon slaughter? THAT was fine.

By contrast though, my friends could not play my games or Yu-Gi-Oh. Because…they were all too ‘Satanic’ for Karen moms.

:fire::hole::fire:
:meat_on_bone::smiling_imp::video_game:
"Aaah, fresh meat!’

2 Likes

The fix for this is simple.

All players who wish to play the competitive game mode should have to have a phone number attached. Nobody is smurfing in quickplay.

1 Like

the phone is to prevent malicious people to play the game.

I do agree on one point, not everyone is required to possess a phone, especially young
(most of them would have a prepaid phone limited (not an iphone 20 next gen 5TB)

I think they should have something like a Family Grouping with a parenting phone system like provide mom/dad phone and parents would need to have a bnet account as well and provide proof of parenting… with dna test and blood sample as well

As someone who mostly plays quickplay, sadly this isn’t the case. Doesn’t make any sense, but smurfing + actual cheating does occur because these people enjoy their validation however they can get it. It has little real consequence since its not a ranked match, but I’ve seen plenty of QP matches ruined because of obvious cheats/hacks. You just accept your L or W and move on.

What are you talking about? You can’t even access competitive until you’ve won 50 matches of quickplay and the FTUE. No smurf is going to slog through 50 matches just to do competitive.

Smurfing primarily exists in QP.

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read. Congratulations.

If one account gets suspended, all are suspended.
no all are not banned if one is banned, you just lose that slot for that phone number and if that was the last slot you got, that toxic person isn’t going to be playing any more. and that’s no loss to the community,
If you have a terror in your family, they should not be outsourced to the rest of the world to deal with because your family failed to raise a decent human being.
Besides, why would any parent REWARD a bad behaving kid with access to video games.
It’s super easy to not get suspended for bad behavior, i and most of the player base went the entire OW1 without getting suspended.
Blizzard should be super harsh on toxic behavior. There is literally no excuse for it other than not being able to control one’s emotions, and absolutely no one wants to play with a toxic player.
Stop making excuses for bad behavior.

I’ve never seen a single new account place masters. A10, rank 1 Zarya, placed plat. mL7, rank 1 Ana, placed plat. etc etc

1 Like

I’m still experiencing the issue with not being able to login because of the account merge (i think). I merged my accounts prior to over 2 launch and even managed to login and play once yesterday, but since then even if i wait for the entire queue in pc it just asks me to login over and over again, in ps5 it gives me the red error message :frowning: