Frustrated Parent - Overwatch 2

It wasn’t an F2P game when I bought 3 licenses.

:confused:

6 Likes

oohh somebody loves posting their opinions over and over!

You know that repeating your own opinions don’t make them correct, right?

lmao implying players who can’t afford two extra phone lines at $240 a year are just being cheap isn’t respectful. You keep throwing your own little opinions around like they mean anything, like your idea of what is cheap is significant at all to the discussion. That’s not respectful. Stop playing dumb, pretty please?

4 Likes

How about you play Fortnite for Free and don’t pay to play, which funny enough is what F2P means.

1 Like

Yeah I understand. I don’t support F2P games for this reason. Now that OW2 is F2P I won’t play it until all the manipulative elements are removed. I’m voting with my wallet. And no, “play but don’t pay” doesn’t hurt F2P games it helps them. Increased player counts draw those thay do pay. If no one plays no one pays.

We feel ya. We play this with our kids and now we can’t because we’re not buying additional phones for a game. And for those being judgey - unless you have kids and understand where the gamer parents are coming from on this, you have no room to be bashing on us. Overwatch has been a great fps to introduce to kids. Toxic chat is easy to ignore - turn off voice chat and put a filter on like many people do. Its better than many other fps out there - or at least it was. This new “safety setting” has done nothing but target those of us and families that cannot afford or choose to not get their kids a cell phone just because “everyone has one”.

9 Likes

To the OP, I feel for you, I really do. I think it’s really sus that Blizzard is effectively excluding your children from playing the game on their Switch because of the phone registration problem.

Thumbs up, and up-voting this.

9 Likes

My dad bought me this game. My mom has to send me codes now. He told me it was ok to say that this game is shyte.

4 Likes

Probably because blizzard says you need to maintain access to that number. People don’t want to risk their only account. I’m in the same boat. I could get around it sure, but I don’t want to risk my account getting banned.

But if I want to smurf then well yea 1 dollar is all it takes.

5 Likes

I’m not happy that there are still people who can make these kinds of posts against people in need.

I merely stated if players want immediate access to OW2 and don’t wish to wait and see if Blizz looses the SMS requirement then a simple solution is to grab a cheap $10 sim. Nothing is implied beyond that… :wink:

I’m playing OW2 for free now, unsure what your point is? :thinking:

That’s too bad. But get with the times, most kids 10+ have phones these days. Just let them use your account then.

the fact that they thought this change is perfectly fine to lock the entire product to resolve the smurfing problem is baffling to me. I’ve not been in the scene for years but i am assuming the smurfing issues and cheating plague the competitive part of the game. do what siege does, lock ranked down. not the entire game lol.

3 Likes

Here is what people seem to be missing. 13 isn’t old enough to be allowed unrestricted access to the internet. In fact no age is, because age doesn’t matter in the equation. You give them that kind of access when you feel they are ready for. It might be 10 or it might be 14. Every kid is different, I’m sorry but peer pressure isn’t enough of a reason to break that rule.

I just don’t understand how parents are saying, Hey this is negatively affecting how I raise my kids. This is a totally unnecessary and burdensome restriction. And people side with the Multi-billion dollar corporation asking for info it really doesn’t need.

Corporations are already destroying this country can we not cheer them along while they do it?

2 Likes

I didn’t get a mobile until I was 19. Not everyone lives your life.

7 Likes

Incorrect. Please don’t backpaddle. It’s not very respectful. Either you’re straight up lying about how you didn’t pompously state your irrelevant opinions on what is considered cheap as if they are fact, or your memory is too short to recall many posts you’ve made within the hours. Which is it?

1 Like

League of Legends requires linking your phone, but only for its tournament mode. There’s no point in smurfing in arcade/QP.

1 Like

Smurfing absolutely exists. Why do you think there were so many “comp throw to bronze” groups in LFG?

I don’t let my teens have smartphones because of apps like TicToc

1 Like

exactly! why should I be compelled to pay money for a problem that i as a legacy player never had a stake in, especially when i already paid for the game in the first place.

Do you consider yourself playing in the platinum a smurfing act?