From Plat to Silver

So a rant incoming! Ok so i finised my placement matches this season with 6-4 and got plat and i’m a healer main so got gold healing almost every time but after placements I got stuck with people with no mics, people wouldn’t switch and make me go players i’m not good at and I tell them that and after the game they blame it on me then I get stuck with throwers and now i’m in silver so no I have to make another account just to play comp i’m sick of it and idk what to do

7 Likes

That’s the problem. I see from your profile that you switched to tanks. Don’t!

If your team already has two healers, then switch to one alternative hero that you also practice with. Preferably a hero with similar positioning as healers; someone who can stay a bit further back. :+1:

Good luck…

I was 2300 consistently last season, maining Orisa, Mercy and Lucio. Am now 1750, including a 13 game and 5 game loss streaks.

I just can’t catch a break. Most games are 3-0 stomps against. I’m getting golds as Orisa as my dps, typically 4 of them can’t do their jobs.

It feels like I need to ay as plat plus just to get out of silver.

Matchmaking is FUBAR as far as I am concerned.

I’m taking a break for a while and see if the system resets so I’m not set up to lose every game I’m in.

As I said, good luck…

3 Likes

Play reaper
Flank healers
Wraith form out
EZ climb
Trust me, I am a scientist.

2 Likes

How many of those matches were you the only person standing behind your shield? I’ve enjoyed playing Orisa this season, but started learning a few more tanks recently. Too often, I’ll get 3 DPS/DVA who are just going to dive/spread out anyways.

2 Likes

Plenty stood behind my shield in gold, and I still see enemy silvers stand behind theirs. Just mainly not my team…

But, am now branching out to learn dps heroes so that I can try to dig myself out of this hole I’m in. Worked a few seasons back when I climbed 600 Sr with Torb vs. 30 hours going nowhere with Mercy. Am also doing lots of death match so I can win more duels (2 recent qp games my Moira got wrecked by a 2750 plat Genji. Sort of duel I need to be winning).

I’m forced onto tanks though I don’t have chose sometimes

But do you make windows?

Flicks finger YES!

I went from Diamond to Plat and now only get boring matches with teams that don’t know how to group up, call out, or react to these when I do it or even join voice chat. It’s complete waste of time but whenever I had a few good games with teams that actually cooperate like I’m used to it from Diamond, I suddenly get a series of throwers and leavers, after which I have even less SR than before, so I just stopped playing comp, or I just party with a silver friend of mine who’s new to the game a bit instead. Comp mode is completely dead to me because I only get retarded unfun games now, where you watch team mates and are like “just what the hell are these guys doing and WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING IN THIS TEAM?”, but the game insists that no matter if I keep having 4 golds etc I should apparently get 9 out of 16 games with throwers and leavers, but the opponent teams do not, so instead of hitting myself with a brick labelled “blizzard” anymore in this nonsense game mode, I just quit it…

In some previous post I actually did a detailed writeup of a longer series of games that happened to me, and explained in detail everything that went wrong regarding team mates throwing actively, and when people suddenly left (of course without mentioning names), just so everyone can see I’m not making this up, and I don’t just rant because I disagree with class picks or anything silly, but Blizzard deleted it for “trolling”. I didn’t write any hate or curses or anything, just purely objective details of how the games went and which character performed which actions and how this resulted in 9 out of 16 games my team falling apart without any way to control it despite trying in voice chat of course, in a constructive manner (example: a Reinhard who keeps suciding despite me asking him 3 times not to and telling him how to stick with team etc). Blizzard disgusts me for censoring that with a wrong accusation “trolling”. Seems moderators can just do what they want, but actually it even helped (!), why, see the next paragraph.

So now I have absolutely zero incentive to click on Comp button (or maybe to play OW at all, not sure) because I don’t want to play low-level games that bore the hell out of me or make me facepalm anymore, sorry if you don’t like the sound of that but that’s exactly how it is. And I’m tired to end with 4 gold medals on Orisa and being the one who soloes the bloody enemy Pharah on Orisa while our soldier is feeding into roadhog… the list goes on and on, it’s just complete nonsense. I do not need to git gud, I am already at Diamond and I know that, and so does a Master I met back in Diamond who commented positively on my tank play. This hanging out in platinum is just complete bs and when I look at the gameplay even with gold players mixed in sometimes, it feels like looking at beginners. There is no “it’s your own fault” to be found here even if you like to troll all day, instead the system is actually entirely insuficcient for allowing variances of 500 SR by random number generator of matchmaking, or whatever “algorithm” this bs uses.
Actually having been banned for “trolling” by a moderator proves the whole problem: He obviously thought “this series of games, as described by this guy, I just don’t believe it! He cannot have been this unlucky just by the system, he must be trolling.” - yeah, guess what? My whole description of those game series was 100% accurate, I don’t just come here and troll and complain about someone picking a hero I don’t like or anything. Thanks for showing that a Blizzard mod apparently doesn’t know how bad the SR system can sometimes match up, in longer sequences even.

(…in before gitgud…)

5 Likes

just keep playing, youll get the win streak… i placed 2400 and dropped to 1700s… then climbed to 2500+, soon as i hit plat, insta losses…

when in silver just play zarya… they will ALWAYS shoot the bubbles… you can melt your way thru silver with zarya or hog for sure.

2 Likes

If you were good enough to climb up to plat, you are still good enough to go back to your rank. I ve been in silver and it is ez once you gain the game knowledge.

Was 2500 for 8 seasons, this season I dropped to 1975. Waitin’ for that win streak to kick in. Hopefully it comes by in the next 20 days! fingers crossed

1 Like

+1

Also think blizzard has this some kind of “algorithm” going on.

It’s like blizzard forces you to “BUY” another account.

If someone is good at math, kindly calculate (number of players) = win/lose

3 years later… holy necro Batman

Seriously mods when’re we gonna start auto locking threads after like 6 months of no activity so we avoid this nonsense.

2 Likes

Come on it’s been 3 years, no need to be a necromancer.

1 Like

It is spooky season. This is the time for zombie threads!

2 Likes

U too huh.

Well not much can be done about it except pray and hope u eventually find somebody out there who coexists with ya

Also u shouldn’t have to switch to rolls u ain’t comfortable with,screw those guys

Not bad, im doing same but im going from Bronze to Plat+, that is imo better plan than dropping from Plat+ to Silver or below but everyone have own style…