From now on your opinions dont matter in the forums

Oh boy, where do I start?
How about the most common one of all:

MY MAIN IS WEAK, BUFF THEM AND NERF THEIR COUNTER REEEEEEEEE

And something along the lines with

Blizzard Bad, My BALANCE Is Better. Everyone that disagrees is a troll.

And that’s just one of the few special ones here. But it encompasses pretty much every single moaning thread on this forum, which is 99% of the content on this website. Every day you see Tank mains complain about cc, damage, and Ana, DPS mains complain about shields, and Ana and Support mains complain about damage and Ana. And most, if not all of them, will eventually devolve into a “my counters are braindead OP REEEEEE”.

To be fair, everyone is biased. People who never go on reddit or the forums or whatever are still going to be biased about what they enjoy/dislike about the game. The difference is they don’t use a platform to show them, they just get annoyed while they play the game.

I outlined a couple before your reply……

At the end of the day we are nothing more than a particular subsection of the overwatch community to them….we are not THE community and what is said on here is not how everybody feels

Which at the end of the day is not really that useful to them….and so they treat it as such

Like think of it this way….

If a complete stranger to overwatch came on here one day and just read for a few hours (any time in past 5 years) what would they think?

They’d think this is THE worst game ever made, everything is broken, completely unplayable, players are awful, etc etc

Is that an accurate reflection of OW?

LMAO they never mattered

The forums is a nice place to siphon complainers and weird people.

It works really well.

The problem is that there arent that many new people. Overwatch was a mega success. Everyone already has their opinion on the IP, and most people stopped playing for one reason or another. What we see here is a minority, a loyal one. The reason our voices are even relevant is that the majority is done with OW. The devs threw them away.

They are banking on new players that aren’t there. They will never reach the heyday of OW1. It’s not possible.

3 Likes

there are probably way waaaaaaay more “loyal” people that dont come on here…and they probably dont share all the same rhetoric we see on here…going on a forum is not a measure of loyalty…

which doesnt mean there arent loyal people on here

like i said earlier…its not that we arent important…but our importance isnt what we think it is

2 Likes

I think the forums have a very large set of ideologies. I think it represents the spectrum quite well. Like a sample group.

What ever small use the forums ever had was destroyed when Dev’s and Mods private their accounts so you can’t see their posting and reading activity. Previously you could call out their lies when they claim to “Read every post” in a thread like the mercy Mega thread. When say the thread had 10k responses and their reading history was like 500.

Then you get the fact nearly all information is disturbed to the likes of Twitter or facebook first, forums last. AMA and other dev talks hosted on reddit, not their own forums.

Lot of people blame “toxic fans” but honestly it’s not the reason, toxic fans exist every where. The problem is no one goes here because of the high levels of censorship and moderation, shutting down and closing any thread they don’t like. Often under the guise of “it could lead to toxic behavior” before it even does so.

Many threads about hero changes got that treatment, aka the fore mentioned Mercy Mega thread. IN where they dumped every thread with Mercy in the title basically into an unreadable mess if it couldn’t be deleted out right.

Once the dev’s themself left the forums there was zero reason to really go here if you even knew the place existed. Company owned forums are honestly a thing from the early 2000’s. Every one just uses discord and redit these days.

1 Like

it still amounts to a very small sample size…i really dont know how representative it is…less than 1% is probably accurate

most viewed post ever is (quick look) 141k (over 4 years? when did “new” forums come out?)…it only has 600 likes or so…not sure what high for likes is…a few thousand would be my guess…how many people do you think actually come on here??

edit - that was replies…views is a bit more

Honestly the forums basically exist as an excuse. Any time the dev’s want to do something stupid or bad we won’t like they point out to they “listen to user feed back” and came up with this idea. Often twisting some comment made 5 years ago to give them a reason to do something.

Never mind planted fake comments just to do something like nerf a hero or buff another one. If they honestly listened to any user feed back something like a Guild or clan would of been implemented years ago.

It’s a multiplayer game, with a heavy emphasis on team work and nearly zero in game options to help you build up your team.

But this is precisely how political polling is done. we don’t poll 3 million people for 1%, we poll less.

and how useful/accurate are those? At the very least they are somewhat random (and I use that term very loosely here)

We’re not a randomized sample…we all chose to come on here…that in it of itself is already a form of bias (as mentioned up top - usually it’s to complain about something)

ill go back to my previous example…a random person reading these forums would think what?

I once got suspended from the forums for directly calling AndyB a liar. I’m not a simp.

Update to title: Your opinion has never mattered unless your a owl player or a streamer.

How ironic, those people arent even 1%

Sounds like GM players to me. And we all know how valuable that very small percent of the biased population is perceived.

A new low* FTFY. I hope it fails miserably.

4 Likes

*fixed that

Sincerly,
Mercy Main :frowning:

I hope that other aspects besides community feedback and sales figures will be taken into account.

As soon as a streamer receives money, material assets or benefits through exclusive advertising from a company, they are no longer independent and should immediately indicate this on their stream.

What are the chances of Blizzard entering into contracts with streamers in the future?
I don’t mind streamers advertising products. However, I think they should do so without receiving any benefits, or clearly label their show as an advertisement.

lol. These forum moderators are horrible. woops here comes a ban