From Master 4 to Diamond 5 ?!?!

I would like to know how this is possible. I was playing as a Master 4 in the DPS category. I played the weekly missions in the flex queue for a few hours and finally managed to get into a DPS game (flex queue only put me as a tank). We won the game, and at the end, I thought that maybe I would drop to Master 5 or Diamond 1 because I had a connection loss issue in one of the five games before recalibrating my rank. However, I went back to Diamond 5. How is this possible?

On overwatch.blizzard.com my rank is master 4 yet LOL

prnt.sc/6OwWAViuCIKW

SEASON HIGH IMAGE :
prnt.sc/FlhHXMX7IUAp

LOL:
prnt.sc/EGDGZBodILfk

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

the amount of people across reddit and the overwatch forums in denial of this bug is shocking. If only it would hit a content creator for once instead of the average playerbase.

1 Like

As per the new patchnotes released for the launch of Season 4, the devs “Fixed a bug in the competitive modes that resulted in the rank up animation playing when a player was actually ranking down.” While it seems I was wrong about the nature of the bug being system-wide and not just visual, it’s still good news that it’s finally being fixed. That does not excuse the six months of completely silent communication however. Let’s hope the devs did actually fix this for all the players affected, and that it won’t simply start affecting other players, or that this bug won’t resurface and cause more bugs to spawn…