From a biased Genji main: suggestions to fix new Genji

All i ever wanted was to be able to deflect cancel without having to wallclimb mid deflect and 30 damage shurikens. I got what i wanted PLUS a lot more things that i didn’t want. I want my hero to be viable without being a problem to everyone else, so here are a few things that i’d love to see changed.

• Ultimate cost increased in 30%

Because of recent buffs, Genji is capable of charging dragon blade before Ana which already have a kinda broken ult charge rate, so this would be a nice change to deal with nano blade.

If they don’t wanna nerf ult charge and instead nano blade combo:

• Dragon blade can no longer be damage boosted by nano boost or Mercy’s damage boost.
  • Dragon blade swings are now 0.65-0.7 seconds instead of 0.9
  • Dragon blade cast time reduced from 1 second to 0.8 seconds.
  • Genji now completes the last swing of dragon blade before the ult is over and its not canceled like currently
  • Deflect duration reduced from 2.0 to 1.5s
  • fan blades spread reverted from 9 to 12
  • Shuriken damage increased from 28 to 30
  • Firerate recovery buffed from 0.75s to 0.65s

By removing dragon blade damage boosts, you’re making blade an even more team reliant ult which is fine by me, but reducing certain animation delays would help to make it feel more fluid in exchange for less power.

You can also revert deflect duration and fan blades spread as long as we get to keep deflect cancel and 30 damage per shuriken. The frustration of dying to a Genji is much lower than when the Genji player hits his full combo and you get to live with almost nothing on HP because it wasn’t enough to finish you.

Edit: since the post is gaining attention again i’ve made some tweaks.

32 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

5 Likes

I’ve never in my life complained about Moira’s dealing with Genji. you’re generalizing in a way that is so stupid that you don’t even bother to check who you’re talking to first. The only heroes i’ve ever made posts complaining about were Mei and Sombra.

20 Likes

start by:

• remove dash reset from ultimate
  • nerf blade range that has a size of a bus
  • ult charge time increased by 30%
32 Likes

See what i mean now? you guys are just showing how biased you’re against the hero. It’s impossible to exchange healthy discussions about balance when you let your bias overcome reality.

23 Likes

This topic already got out of control :frowning:

5 Likes

you do not even realize what drastic buffs he got… there needs to be more tradeoff than you suggested.

16 Likes

I’m just trying to stop all this Genji hate and provide useful ways to balance him, but as you can see by some posts above yours this just won’t be possible with these forums.

I’ve already suggested multiple trade offs including reverting his spread and deflect duration + ult charge in exchange for 30 damage shurikens and deflect cancel. If you dare to say that what i suggested isn’t enough then you either didn’t bother reading or your bias is really showing.

5 Likes

I’ve never made a thread suggesting to rework Moira in my entire life and you can check here if you want there is not a single post about Moira there.

1 Like

Sadly. They call themselves a biased genji main, but they’re a smart one at that. I would actually enjoy most of these changes.

4 Likes

you know that blizzard is hardly reverting stuff.

dash reset needs to go first. its broken especially with nano…

2 Likes

Pretty sure you’re confusing OP with someone entirely different. Maybe it’s the icon?

8 Likes

Dash reset was always a thing since before the buffs. It’s not broken, its part of his kit and there is no way to make it work without it.

6 Likes

I think dash reset is fine and damage buff was fine. Reduced spread and recovery speed is the issue I have. Honestly people hate shield meta… well if you want more of a dive comp back you gotta start buffing dive heros.

His ult is the only big thing that makes him oppressive

1 Like

I like these changes but I don’t play much Genji so I’m sold on that. Maybe instead of faster swings though up the base damage a little?

op hasn’t made a thread about moira since 2019 which doesn’t even suggest reworking moira, why go out of your way to accuse somebody about doing something that you don’t even bother to check?

11 Likes

This thread encapsualates the toxicity that every DPS main has to put up with whenever a DPS is buffed. Not even a shred of discussion before OP got bashed for being a Genji player and someone suggested ludicrous nerfs that would make Genji easily the worst DPS in the game, if not one of the worst heroes, period.

5 Likes

From the words of a Support Main’s thread twisted around to make it support DPS, “We should not let support players dictate DPS Heroes.”

Seriously though, what you say is true.

3 Likes

I rather have faster swings and less animation delays instead of damage. There is no way to buff his ult damage without making it too strong again which is why i only asked for those.

Swings deal 120 and dash deals 50

If you swing + dash + swing you deal 290 damage which is enough to kill any squishy in the game so i’m already happy with that.

Biased genji main start by explaining why he needed the buffs in first place???

1 Like