FrogBoy Signing Off

hehe, you see guys?
this is what i am talking about

now imagine that there are people leaving ‘because hes OP’
or ‘because he is not good enough’

and all of this baised on their own, personal assumptions

Not sure what you are getting at? The guy admitted he doesn’t enjoy Lucio and wasn’t saying he knows what he needs to be balanced, just that he doesn’t enjoy him anymore.

Well, yes, I never disagreed that our perception of the game was subjective.

I think other players feel similarly to OP because the heroes are tinkered with and tweaked based on how professionals use the heroes and the metas they create (or so it often seems). It’s going to have an unavoidable impact on every other part of the game, comp or not.

i am saying that there are as many opinions as people involved in playing or creating overwatch
are you both leaving game because of that? i guess no

and we (players) have to realize that
… we and our perception/wiev point might be totally wrong

and its not a bad thing … imagine what would happen if a car )or game) was designed not baised on expiriences and problems that best race drivers had, but what an old grandpa who goes once a week for 4km to church on sunday have to say about new car (game)

With that perspective, you’re saying the opinions of a professional are more valuable than any other, and we should all strive to play professionally. Every rank has different demands, abilities, and goals. Grandpa may worry more about mileage and storage whereas a racecar driver might worry about acceleration and high-speed impact safety measures. Both their concerns are reasonable for their levels, however in this game, it feels more one sided.
Basically, opinions from every rank SHOULD be listened to and discussed, not just those who have peaked.

Be Well, FrogBoy.

Everyone gets their +1

the difference is

with grandpa type driver you will get no progress and race car driver also drives it the same way grandpa does
its in race car garage where they got all measuring, all analytical machines, tools, etc.

yea, all opinnions ‘matter’ but if you got a bunch of actual pro players and 40.000.000 people with different opinions, you will focus on those pro… thats how whole world works
some might not like it, but thats how it is

I’m not sure what you mean in the first part about progress.
People at all levels play competitive, and the pro scene is hardly representative of the vast majority of the overwatch playerbase. Pro players can still be wrong and biased.
If a person brings up reasonable concerns in the forums, for example, with data and clips and have huge numbers of people resonating with what they have to say, these threads should be addressed appropriately, regardless of rank.

Good luck if you’re leaving. Every game has a shelf life in people’s lives. My only question (which you don’t need to answer) is why you’re leaving in frustration when Lucio was just buffed? As an advocate for the hero, wouldn’t that lessen your frustration? Did they not buff him enough for you? Too much? I’m curious as to your thought processes as I also enjoy Lucio a lot.

I have played Lucio a lot but I don’t enjoy just playing one hero because in time for me that also gets boring. I like to switch things up and if the other heroes I do enjoy to play along side him are not particularity good then to me it doesn’t matter how strong Lucio is because I will still get bored in time.

Gotcha. Your statement about preaching Can’t Stop Won’t Stop made me think your frustration was focused on Lucio.

For a while it was, it’s nice hes gotten some changes to make his kit stronger but I guess after some thought (Maverick’s suggestion) he might actually be right. I’m disappointed with the state of some heroes and tried to find a reason for it that now that I look at it more seems less likely than just me being at a roadblock of my own design.

Problem is every driver is not a racer. If you design every car for that then those who can’t drive them will simply leave.

You seem to forget that a good majority of the playerbase are casuals

1 Like

Ohhh I have to bring this up again.

1 Like

somebody had to add ‘overwatch league’ button to game menu
how often developers that take care of menu in game are working on ‘new feature’?

team branding
look at their logos - yep, one artist helped to create LOGOs of teams so they could fit OW artstyle… shocking
literally massive resources, gargantuic id say

just dont tell me that you think to create logo and put foundations to organisation of OWL some overwatch engine, coding engineers were directed to making a logo for OWL team

overwatch lost nothing on OWL… it gained a lot for blizzard overall

Can you not harrass a guy with concerns?!

So we don’t follow the game blindly. Quit it. Welcome him if he comes back but son’t provoke them from leaving.

Horrid behavior and a bad example of players these days.

if you could read my earlier posts you would know that i did that
BUT
if someone is throwing arround non-arguments blaming dev team without any fondations in reality i can and i will speak up

he might leave, he might take a break, but untill he realizes that his reasons is just scapegoating he will not return for good

Honestly, with the lack of communication from the devs lately its clear they don’t intend to change the way they work. It will probably work for them as there’s not much competition. Lazy events will hurt the player count though.

OWL started with 350k-ish viewers on twitch but that dwindled down to 70-80k before the final games and how many of those viewers were just afk grinding OWL tokens? Most people were interested at the start I’d be interested to see the amount of people watching without the token incentive mid season 2.