Friendly reminder about the devs' treatment of Symmetra

When people asked for Witch Mercy to get her Junkenstein voice lines for the skin, it took the devs about 1 month, possibly even less time, to implement the voice lines on the skin after it was released

When people asked for Symmetra to get her Junkenstein voice lines for her Dragon skin, it took the devs about 6 to 8 months to acknowledge and implement the voice lines for the skin after it was released

Although this is all just cosmetic stuff, i feel like it says a lot

18 Likes

Listen

It took the devs years to add sortable icons
They recorded “tactical sunglasses activated” for soldier’s grillmaster skin but haven’t put it in the game
They haven’t changed the voice lines for reaper’s Reyes skins even though they recorded them
They changed some of echo’s voice lines weeks after her release from a better recording to a worse recording to try and make them more accurate

Blizz != consistent and it’s impossible to understand whatever schedule/timelines they’re operating on

9 Likes

I’m trying, but your voice lines haven’t been implemented yet.

13 Likes

It’s sad but what can we do.

Symmetra mains have been asking for ages, AGES, for her to get a golden gun victory pose or highlight intro and nothing has come, despite two past employees knowing about it and haven been asked to pass it along to the design team, as well as the voice actor. Despite it being one of the most read topics on the forums.

And recent knowledge came out that she does has a pose with her gun, it’s just not able to be bought by the player base. And has been in the game since 2017! Three years ago!

6 Likes

I still think the Sym 2.0 deletion was disgusting, they shouldn’t have done that.

1 Like

Worse part is 2.0 didn’t receive a single change at all

3 Likes

What’s sad is that it’s so easy to make Symm players happy.
Just give her +50hp, +2m beam range, a righthand golden glove, and a victory pose with her gun.

Additionally, throw in some sprays/emotes/skins that are a bit “fabulous” (Or memes), and you’ll get their fanatical support.

1 Like

I mean, if you did this, Sym would be at like a 65-70% winrate in low rank.

Well, they could always remove sentry bombing to offset that.

1 Like

so insufficiently prop up w+m1 which’d still be highly team dependent and situational but take away everything else she can reasonably contribute with on her own that isn’t highly situational?

that’s not the way forward.

I’ve just come to terms with the fact that they just don’t care about all their heroes. They say they do, of course, but they don’t actually. I would know.

To be honest… they never should make skins with unique quotes ever. The quarterback skin from Rein still has such a huge advantage compared to the normal one for an example. The junkenstein ult voiceline is more quite than the normal ult voiceline etc.
It would be ok if only the player hears a different voiceline, but deffinatly not the enemy.

It’s reasonable. You’d just need a substantial nerf to her sentry damage if they did that.

I mean only now on the PTR does Rein even have a friendly Shatter voice line.
Would you say they neglected Reinhardt for 4 years?

1 Like

Most spammed topic when the op has 500 of the posts. Bumping it every other day for months.