Framedrops to 4fps when I start the game |SOLVED|

I have GTX1070. I’ve been playing overwatch with 60-70 FPS. But today when I tried to play as soon as I started the game. My FPS dropped from 70 to 4 in the menu. I restarted overwatch, my pc, scan and repair nothing changed.

I noticed in a different thread that someone had the same issue, and it was solved by rolling back the driver. However this option is not available to me as I cannot select roll back driver in the device manager.

2 Likes

it looks like everyone. having FPS going bad too, my other game is just running fine

1 Like

has the issue been resolved for you?

I have the same problem here, I installed the latest Nvidia driver and its f****d up now…
I checked all Video configuration ingame, nothing weired, I checked Nvidia Panel et check Power Manegement (max perform)

Anyone got a solution for this ?

This sounds like your integrated card is being used.

The rollback is accomplished by removing the currently-installed version with DDU and then installing the driver from September 9, 2018 that you download from their website.

reinstalled the driver, now the frame rate isnt locked at 4 frames it goes up and down from 10 to my caps lock 65 for a couple of minutes before settling for 24 frames.

I also made sure in the nvidia control panel that its using the correct graphics card, which is says it does.

I’m using a Ryzen 1600X and GTX 1070 on Windows 10 1607. Mine eventually goes down to 1 FPS in the menu and is completely unplayable. I’ve even had it report 0 FPS after leaving it for long enough. I’m well enough versed in troubleshooting this kind of nonsense to know it’s not my system and therefore not something I can fix. This occurred with the Winter Wonderland 2018 update.

Deleting the Settings_v0.ini made things even worse, I don’t even get audio anymore. Please advise.

hmm I had the issues before the patch already though D:

Can you post a dxdiag on pastebin? Just give the end of the link.

I came back to last version of the driver that I had on computer (not the last version in nVidia website), and it fixed the problem.

@nicole
voila
pastebin /tvMfMuiw

@bruceweed which version would that be? (my laptop is brand new so it just came with the most recent one ._.

SOLVED: look for following topic in the forums
FIX FOR FPS ISSUE AFTER PATCH-RELATED TO “SPATIAL SOUND”

1 Like

I installed this version of nVidia driver : 417.01.
I’m using windows 10 - 64

1 Like