Frame rate issues - Halloween event 2019 patch

so anyone else getting bad frames since the event patch? ive checked drivers done scan and repair all the usual garbage to get my frames up nothing works/seems to make a difference. getting 100 fps average lower than before the patch even in the training room. in training room I used to sit at 299/300 no matter what i was doing no stuttering or anything, in game play i used to be at 230-260, in some rare situations it would drop to 198 if something hectic was happening on screen. now im sitting at 120-130 in the spawn room of a game (lower than the refresh rate of my monitor at this point). anyone have a fix/having similar issues? I really wish the game wasnt like this with every single patch giving me anxiety cause I take a hit to fps and then a month down the line they kinda sorta fix it. I was expecting the usual 20-50fps drop which would still be at least tolerable but now that its below the refresh rate of my monitor and has dropped the massive 100fps its pretty rough.

just as an update/edit - I opened task manager and started closing background stuff, my frames came back up after I closed “Microsoft office click to run…”, no idea what this means to the game, but hey its a thing so thought I should update.

3 Likes

I’m not having this issue, i’d recommend you take this trough with #technical-support and see if they can fix it for you.

Do so by editing this topic and changing the post destination to #technical-support

I am having issues as well, yesterday I was running just fine and I am running other games fine, but once I load into the game, the frames drop down to 5-10 fps when I normally lock it out at 60-70 so it stays steady.

1 Like

ye same, I got this issue when i updated the game but I got a new graphics card at the same time so I thought that was the problem but i’m relieved that a few other people have this is well, hope it gets fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as a continued update to this. After more in game hours I can confirm that this is a persistent issue but I believe it just has something to do with the increased partical effects on maps that have Halloween themes. As my RAM usage on maps without the Halloween theme sits at my idle of around 20%-30% usage but maps with the Halloween theme bumps the ram usage up to around 40%.

To add to this I cleared up my C drive (this is also my install drive for OW and windows) of around 26GB of temporary files and other garbage that accumulates over time. I also moved 50GB of games that I no longer play to my second storage drive. Although this doesn’t affect my ram I did see an increase in stability of FPS after this. I also routinely go through task manager and close all those pesky background applications that aren’t necessary to play the game. Doing this is tedious as it needs to be done before I launch the game (if I haven’t done it since booting my PC) however it does seem to alleviate the issue of reduced frames. I think I said this already but just to re-state it as I can confirm that it does work now.

Hope this info can help some of you out there. If anyone has any more suggestions pls leave a reply.

Bump. I’ve got the same issue.

I’m running a Evga1080 hybrid and a 4790k and 32 gb of ram. Also I run the game on lowest settings.

also have this problem since that latest patch. Any fixes?
Specs:
i9 9900k
msi rtx 2080
32gb of ram
i capped fps at 240 and used to be able to hit that not problem. But now in game im getting 60-70

i7700 k is only 60% utalized and gtx 1070 is 12% utalized and the game chugs around 70-40 were i normaly get 250- 220fps

same i got the same problem. but i wouldnt says it drops, more like unstable, at some time it drops and sometime it went up. but when am in my training range. the fps stay at 69 or 70 persec which is my normal fps before the halloween patch. hope blizzard got this fix soon.

Same problem here, gpu overheating, used to get constant 140 frames maxed out but now I get frequent drops to 60 especially when a lot is going on ie. gravs, sym turrets, etc. never happened before