Frame drops for a period after opening the game

When I open the game ill get severe frame drops for about 5-10 minutes and then itll run fine until I close the game, I don’t believe its a hardware issue, I have the game loaded on my nvme ssd, 16gb of ram with little to no impactful background programs running, i9 9900k, rtx 2070. I’ve scanned and repaired the game multiple times and it doesnt ever seem to fix anything. Is this a known issue or has anyone ran into this problem is there a fix or am I alone on this one

3 Likes

Consider working through these steps:

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue since Saturday. Literally tried reinstalling and everything recommended :frowning:

Try running bnet in admin mode.

1 Like

Glad to see this isnt just me.

I waited a few weeks, then finally came here. Updated everything in PC, and game. This is the only game with this issue. Was running 170FPS for more than a year, then all of a sudden after one of the updates, I lost bunch of spray functionality (probably unrelated), and the biggest issue is what you said:

The first 5-10 mins of playing Overwatch only, I will load into arcade like normal, say mystery heroes, and I watch the on screen displays of my FPS/TMP, and Latency. The frames goes from 170 to 14 or so then once the game gets warmed up or something, its all back to normal.

I have tried reinstalling game, and all drivers. Used GeForce experience to take recommended settings, etc. I have dumbed the settings down as far as it goes, and it still drops from 60 to 14 periodically for the first 5-10 mins.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5900x
RTX 3070
32GB /4000mhz
Samsung 970Pro NVME

No reason for this when even Red Dead 2 can pull 170FPS no issues, and temp never jumps in Overwatch.

The patch in question when i noticed issues with sprays was the halloween event (probably unrelated) , and the FPS changes started BEFORE the china new year event.

As a sys admin by trade, I can provide any logs you request.

1 Like

I recently reinstalled and also have this issue…
I never had this issue on my previous pc which was far weaker.
My drivers are all up to date, etc.

It seems like the game is just loading something in? Really, really frustrating stuff.

1 Like