FPS Locked at 30 then drops

This is my damn third post bcuz for w/e reason my other ones keep disappearing. Again, I have deleted cache, uninstalled drivers, uninstalled the game, repair/scanned, rolled back drivers, took game mode off/on and still same issue. pastebin links below I get 20-25 fps until I move then it drops to 10-14. I normally get 200 fps on this game with low settings. AND NO fps cap is not on.

Dxdiag
fvCYAuBt

Msinfo
UjuJReVV

From your DXDiag

Diagnostics
---------------

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1646858590106958676, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.35.1.57979
P3: 5cd20f4d
P4: 484b
P5: 67246080
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.35.1.57979
P3: 5cd20f4d
P4: 484b
P5: 67246080
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

You have Overwatch.exe crashing on here a couple of times.

• How do other games run? (what are they?)
  • Have you tried a benchmark like Furmark?

yes every other game I play runs just fine, WoW, pubg, apex, ESO all run perfectly fine which is what I don’t understand =/

From what i can tell just looking at your desktop online, you have very, very limited cooling. Have you recently cleaned your system, like dedust, take the GPU shroud of for a cleansing?

That tiny CPU cooler and a clogged blower style GPU cooler might introduce severe thermal throttling. Lot’s of applications and games don’t like that and just crash. Your description also fits that diagnosis. Just don’t know why only OW is affected…

yeah I sprayed it down with canned air last night, however, I get no issues with others games just after the update I randomly got for OW yesterday caused the FPS issues.

Just wondering, have you enabled the ingame information hud that tells you your GPU temperature and ping? I wonder what happens to GPU temps as soon as you get the drops.

yeah, I left it running for bit, it went from 42c to 51c still fps is at 10-14 while in game

That can’t be… A reference Design GTX960 is way hotter under load. Is your PCI powercable connected properly? Or have you looked if you ow settings have vsynch on? Dissable it and set FPS limiter in game to unlimited.

Heya Oszy,

It sounds like this Razer Chroma issue. Since the running programs wasn’t included in the msinfo for whatever reason I wasn’t able to check for it.

If you don’t have Chroma, please update the thread with a screenshot of the in-game netgraph after the issue happens. You can open netgraph with CTRL+SHIFT+N

Thanks!

Lol, trust me man I’ve done everything in the book. No v-sync. It stayed at 51c in game, training mode. Pulled up the netgraph thing and tmp jumped up to 73c now.

Your GPU running cooler during FPS drops but hikes up in other times sounds like thermal throttling to me… And with reference deign cooling a can of air won’t do much, since it’s a enclosed system and requires the removal of the shroud to clean it.

How does it only affect OW though? Just tried WoW and was getting 180 fps, Apex I am sitting at 185 and ESO I was at 175 fps and no issues I checked the tmp and it was at 71-73c. Anyways heres the Netgraph
https:// imagizer. imageshack .com/img923/6558/ptC2RS.png Netgraph. Spaced it lol.

The netgraph is showing some pretty massive SIM spikes which is 100% what’s causing this issue.

The most common cause of SIM spikes is software conflicts. If you haven’t yet, be sure to check my earlier post about the Chroma issues. Outside of that it would just be a matter of identifying problematic applications.

As Dan suggested, thermal throttling is also possible. Most GPU will start to shut down between 80-90. Some will go higher depending on the manufacturer. Either way 73 is very high so it might be worth checking out ourOverheating article if the issue is persisting with all background apps closed.

Hope the info helps! Update us with any findings!

Finally got it to work. Thank you. There was a chroma file still lurking around and did a clean uninstall of razer programs. Works like a charm now =)