I use a 240hz monitor and get fps drops below 200 in team fights. This is very annoying since I fluctuate between 300-150fps and it’s very noticeable. This shouldn’t happen since I do have a fairly powerful system with an i7 8700k at 4.8ghz, 16gb 3000mhz ram and a RTX 2080ti at 2100mhz. I have tried many fixes over months and still not solved. Other people with similar or lower speced PC’s can get a locked 300fps so there is something wrong here. Any suggestions would be great!
Using an OCed RX Vega 56 Here, with a Ryzen 2600X
Only hit 160FPS all the time. I have no idea why.
yea i think it just comes down to optimization issues
These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.