Fps is getting worse and worse

2 years ago I had 300 fps. It NEVER went under 300 fps no matter what.

Now, 2 years later, i’m struggling to get 150 fps. It constantly jumps up and down between 130-150, which is not ideal since i’m using a 144hz monitor.

What has happened to the game? Why does it become worse and worse for every update?

There is not enough information provided here to provide specific recommendations. Please take time to check out my guide here for advanced tips on maximizing performance in Overwatch:

I have already checked that.

My fps is just getting worse and worse for every patch for some reason.

My computer should be good enough to have atleast 300 fps when everything is set to low.

What are your specs?

Possible reasons for performance decline
  • some other app that has updated since you started playing and is siphoning away your resources.
  • you have overheating components. This can happen even if you clean the computer out frequently.
  • your thermal paste has gone bad on the CPU.
  • you have components that are failing or not getting enough power.

Most of this can be diagnosed with a combination of looking over a DxDiag, and looking at some screenshots of HWMonitor.

This solved my problem:

Well, I guess that falls under some app updating :rofl: Glad you found a solution!

I believe it was caused by windows 10 1809 update, which makes game running in borderless window mode even you choose fullscreen in game, disable the fullscreen optimization will force it back to real fullscreen mode.