FPS is dropping

Hello i recently got an ASUS VG278Q 144 hz monitor to upgrade from an old one that was 60hz. While the FPS shows a high as 154 during team fights it often drops to around 120 and even 100 during fights with tons of things going on. Id like to know where i should look to increase the fps. I have all graphics settings on low/off, no vsync, rendering scale is 100%. Resolution is 1920x1080 (144)(*)

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
Processor: i5 7400
RAM: 8gb

Is it an issue of me needing to upgrade my processor or graphics card? Id rather not be on 75% render scale if avoidable.

I’m not tech savvy so don’t quote me on this but you could try capping your frames to where it is most stable. You can try capping it at 120 first and see if it stabilizes. I don’t know if your ram, processor and graphics card is able to run it as high as 154, but it might not be able to so maybe try that. :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve noticed the servers has been kinda laggy lately (I know it’s not my end because my duo has been lagging at the same moments) and I think it’s because of the patch so that might also be contributing to your issue.

the i5 you have isn’t the best for gaming.
You can see examples on youtube, your graphics card with a different processor will result in higher fps.

Hey there!

I’d recommend you look at this article for optimizing the system: GUIDE: Maximizing System Performance for Overwatch (PC)

Secondly, have you had better performance before and has it recently been becoming worse?