FPS Drops and Performance issues after post anniversary update

Before and during this years anniversary event, my game was playing perfectly fine. After the event ended, the update that followed has DRASTICALLY decreased performance, dropping to as low as 90 fps during and before gunfights. I normally can run around 150+ before all this started happening. Any help is appreciated.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: 870-224
BIOS: F.10 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8128MB RAM
Page File: 6076MB used, 6915MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Graphics Card: GTX 1060 3GB

2 Likes

Yup same. It’s like Overwatch will run smoothly, no kick outs or interruptions for like two weeks then it’ll go back to running like garbo. Then they say “don’t play the game,fix your internet”
Excuse me?
There’s nothing wrong with my internet looool, it never went down and my other devices are staying connected. The devs on overwatch are efin rude. I always get great feedback from people over on WoW.

2 Likes

Same. It’s seemed to have been fine this entire year until just recently. Now back to FPS drops and general stutter a few times a match. To down right awful performance in huge team fights. Just like all the other times since release I imagine it’ll magically get fixed until they screw it up again with another update.

Yeah I just noticed today that I was getting really bad fps drops randomly in the game. It would go from a smooth 90 fps and drop anywhere between 20-40 during team fights. Really sucky when trying to do comp.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.