FPS drops after time

Hello.

I’m having performance issues in Overwatch. First of all I want to tell you my necessary specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k (not overclocked)
GPU: Gigabyte 1070ti 8GB Windforce
RAM: 2x 8GB@2133mhz Corsair ValueSelect
Mainboard: ASUS Prime H270-Pro
Monitor: 27" Samsung C27FG70 (1920x1080@120hz)

So I’m playing with 100% render scale and on medium graphic settings because I use to stream sometimes. But the stream is not the point here. I capped my FPS top 130 because I have 120 hertz anyway but if I wouldn’t cap it, I would have around 180-220fps ingame. So, everything seems fine, but after time (sometimes after 2h, or earlier, less than an hour) my average FPS is dropping to around ~90 FPS and then the game feels laggy. I mostly use to have opened Discord and the BattleNET Launcher in the background but thats it.

I really don’t get why my FPS fall down after time. I would love, if someone can at least tell me what’s the reason or even help me, that this doesnt happen anymore.

Thank you.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

Hey there.
Sorry for the late answer.

I tried your suggestions, but it didn’t help at all.
Are there any other options?