FPS Drop after Brigitte update

This game is just a mess, i actually have less sutters than before but at the end off matches or in the middle HUGE FPS DROPS.

2 Likes

You’re GTX 1050 is bottlenecking your CPU

1 Like

Same issue bro, before brigitte update it just working fine, 80-100fps, after update then drop to below 60fps,
My specs is :
Core i3 2120 3.3 Ghz
8GB RAM
RX460 4GB DDR5

Almost 1 year with this setup and never face bottlenecking before.
Please tell me if everyone facing the same problem.

6 Likes

Same. I run at 120fps cap, but after update I’ve been getting 105-110 if I’m lucky, dropping into the 90s during fights.

2 Likes

Same when I start the game I have 200 fps I lock it to my refresh rate so in get stable 130 fps but then it dips to 100 and 90s after a while

This isn’t a CPU Bottleneck, Unless your CPU is pinned at 100% at all times which isn’t true games are GPU Limited the only thing your CPU does is calculate locations , run physics and bullet simulations and load data into your ram of course theres other things that the game does.

in order to fix this issue try :
In WINDOWS run this command as admin and restart your computer go straight into bios and disable HPET , This Command will delete high precision event timer from launching on start up by disabling it from the Boot Configuration Data (Windows)

WINDOWS KEY + R

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

The Opposite of this command is :

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

So if this fails to fix the issue go ahead and run the /set command then restart the computer go into bios and reset it back on, that way you have a way to start out normal.

This game currently has an issue with computers “System Hardware Timers” and Prioritizes uses HPET which is a compatibility timer over RTC(Real Time Clock with a battery inside your pc) and your CPU’s TSC (Time Stamp Clock) The Problem is with HPET is it runs absolutely horrible with this game for some strange reason and is meant for keeping more accurate time in case any of those other functions fail such as on server use this fixed all the issues i was having i hope it fixes yours.

23 Likes

Same here, I run the game with 30 fps on low settings but I still have a stable framerate and can even had MusicBee playing in the background. ever since this update its gone to hell going as low as 10-15 FPS, other times it works just fine but clearly this is a issue on the games end as This pc can run tf2 at a about 50-60 Frames average. a game known for been poorly optimized even for an old game.

1 Like

I had this problem come up today for the first time since I started playing OW in Nov 2016! I normally run high graphics 60 to 70 fps but now every time there is more effects on my screen frame rate drops to 30 or even below 20. I even cleaned my pc from any dust, but still problem remain.
I have no frame rate issues with other games, not even somewhat demanding games like Smite or heavily modded Skyrim.

4 Likes

try running the fix i mentioned above it litterally doubled My FPS in overwatch, i was getting poor frames with my 1080 ti barely getting over 100-140 then suddenly i ram this fix and now im running from 300 to 280 frames on 1440p epic. it really is a huge difference.

2 Likes

I know a good way to get rid of the frame drops, delete CrashMailer_64. I can show you how to do that. This PC > (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Overwatch > ErrorReporting > x64

You should be able to find something called CrashMailer_64. I saw someone post about this saying that it just tanks your fps which I found months ago on the old forums.

Hopefully this helps. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you link it down here, does it work safely?

I too am seeing lower fps in Brig update; I just played a match where FPS tanked to 10 FPS. I usually get 60-70 FPS which is playable.

I have the same problem, and I have 32gb ram, 1080ti and i7 7700 Kaby lake

I go from 300 fps to around 120… it really stutters for me. Many might think that might not be a big difference, but I run on a 240hz monitor. so the difference is so freaking huge

4 Likes

Huh, so I’m not the only one… I got the same problem! Ever since the brigitte update, I get huge slowdown now and then. Everything is on super low visuals too… OW has been a constant problem to run properly.
Sc2, diablo3, hots, fallout4, fornite-- they all runs smoothly on maximum visuals. It’s really just Overwatch.

1 Like

this is a laptop so it’s not going to bottleneck… a lot of gaming laptops using the same GPUs… and GTX 10 series GPUs on laptops are made with the same stuff as the desktop version so it runs a better as the desktop versions.

I know this post is old, but maybe this will help someone who stumbles upon it.

Go to BATTERY SETTINGS and change intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings to higher level when plugged in (on laptops).

I was unaware of these new settings until I reinstalled my Windows and had to tweak something else.

It fixed my problems in Overwatch and CS GO instantly.

1 Like

Yes I’m still having the same problems, even after upgrading video cards, I used to get much higher frames at higher settings, but now even with everything set to potato settings the frames dips still exist. I’ve done the steps noted on other blizzard posts but problem still exists - the game is not enjoyable when your frames dip to 20-40 in the middle of a game.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600X overclocked to 4.2 GHz, an overclocked GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB of DDR4 RAM clocked at 2666 MHz. Usually I get 250 FPS. I have everything on medium/low, except for high model detail and textures, and ultra texture filtering. Yes I overclock my system, but my GPU maxes at 65 degrees, and it only thermal throttles at 83, and my CPU ain’t overheating either. I would see FPS drops especially when I look at match details (should be mapped at your Tab key), it would drop to 150 FPS. Sure, it’s not that big of a deal, but the responsiveness is much more lower especially when I do flicks on mcree or hanzo. This has been happening since the Brigitte update. After several patches, I expected to see a fix, but I have not seen any improvement.

Thanks, I’ll try this.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4 GHz paired with a, OCed GTX 1070 Ti and 16 GB of DDR4 @ 2933 MHz. FPS drops happen especially when I look at match details (to check if I have gold medals).