Since Busan update, OW has been completely unplayable. Used to get 90FPS on ultra, now get 30 on low. Updated video card, deleted settings folder, reinstalled game, going on ptr severs, turning if off and on again, power management settings. In a custom game mode with only one player FPS are around 70. Hopefully will be fixed in next update.
Try updating windows, I got my problems during the update on Saturday. I just updated again today hoping the last version had something to do it’s it. I have yet to see what will happen
In addition to KidReaper’s good advice, these standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- NEW! There has been a trending issue where Google Chrome is causing FPS issues if it is running in the background. Close all Google Chrome appplications in the Windows Task Manager to see if this is the case.
- NEW! Some players are reporting that updating their BIOS on their motherboard is resolving their issues.
according to the live chat support, the FPS drop i have was due to my AMD fx series processor. also, that copy paste about updating your bios should include a warning mentioning the high level of risk involved in updating your bios.
is it just amd processors i thought i read intel was doing it too. anyway i have amd is there a fix?
I am using windows 7pro