FPS check/question

So I just had a quick question about something I’ve been noticing lately.
My current setup is this:

CPU AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core 3.2GHz
GPU GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
PSU Corsair VS600 600W, ATX, 80 PLUS Certified
Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

I was checking both highest and lowest quality on the game and the FPS I’m getting are consistently around 85 - 110 during a match. However, it does go up to 200fps during a deathmatch. During character selection on a regular match, it stays around 250 - 300 fps, then it drops to the amount said above. I was wondering if this is something that could be caused by either my CPU, RAM or is it only the GPU not being able to get a higher frame rate?

edit: forgot to mention, I brought up the motherboard in case this is something that could be improved by overclocking (in case it’s possible for that setup) If so, any info about it would be appreciated

There is a variety of causes that can cause fluxating framerate. For tips to maximize your Framerate, check out my guide here.

I actually checked your guide multiple times, I’ve reached bottom so that’s why I’m trying by posting here, but the results don’t seem to vary that much, if at all

1 Like

Same here. I did it like 3 times every time a new Problem with a new Update occured and the Problem was unreasonable FPS drops. It didnt help any end consumer whatsoever, which in conclusion resulting from that is that the game is just poorly optimized (accept it). I mean why does every other Game run perfectly, even Games which are more Hardware hungry then overwatch? Its very disappointing: Ouh I do this and that and I reinstall this and reconfigure that. Starting Overwatch ranked: First Game: Ouh it seems the framedrops are completely gone now I think i can finally play without any problems whatsoever. 2nd Game Framedrops are back, and here we go again. I dont wanna look for any other optimization cause it doesnt help, and buying a 1000 Dollar Cpu with like 6 cores + is clearly not a viable solution. Pls make the community a big favor, listen to us Blizzard!!! Pls give us better performance with reasonable CPU Usage!

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem, only the first game is perfect, then the fps start to fall, please tell me if you managed to solve it? Thanks in advance