Is anyone else getting some really f’d up FPS drops after that last 6gb-ish patch the blizz client downloaded?
Well if you wish, check the steps below for standard tips on handling FPS drops. HOWEVER, be advised that a major patch is coming soon which is going to be an optimization update that should hopefully improve the performance of the game for many players.
These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches.