Forum shows that Tank is the most misunderstood role

A more fast paced game will also reduce the overall idle time at below diamond (the poking around, having time for weird flanks etc)
It will be more demanding for everyone, less room for mistakes.
I hope it will force people to understand what tanking, space really mean

As a support, especially as an Ana main, I’m looking forward. Timing and cd management will be a crucial skill again.

BTW: I believe that the statement “Tanks are boring” comes from the misunderstanding that tanks are glorified shield bots and don’t understand the role at all

5 Likes

facts, with the barrier Nerf fights are going to be a lot more intense.

1 Like

The forum is playing a completely different game. Honestly I would never want to play the game they’re playing.

As a tank main the best part of these changes is that I can finally do more for myself and not have to cater to what the team needs of me in order to get value. Up until now tanks have been more support than anyone.

1 Like

dafran doesn’t even know what power creep is and is rank 1 combined

i feel like people who use the word power creep are anti-vaxxers

1 Like

thank christ someone else gets it you’re telling me I get to go back to were armor wasn’t just mustered stained health and actually goes back to being good sign me up

orisa has 250 base armor so shes has 450 health so thats pretty bloody amazing whilst at the same time making the game more fast by lowering the slow downs of everyone(except d.va rip) in exchange for what? barriers?

since orisa has her old cooldown of 8sec on barrier i don’t really care and I’ve said it seems like a attempt to speed the game up which imo is great!

people have been whinning about barriers for so long this is exactly what overwatch
but it’s not without it a few flaws

1.D.va yeah she needs something cause about the only the that justifies picking her is her dm and if she get consistent kills with her ult

2.Sigma barrier feels terrible they need to remove the 1second cooldown if it’s gonna be that low cause it’s very clunkly to use atm

My impression is that those who climbed just by hiding behind a shield, are the ones who are complaining the most. They’re up in arms about Hanzo melting barriers while completely sticking their fingers into their ears about the compensation buffs. Like those buffs don’t even exist.

Be mad, I guess.

2 Likes

You know even if i would reinstall Overwatch i will play passively because i can

That is your choice, you can do that if you want. Once these changes come to live, it will be a lot less viable though

UH AKSHULLY, IF TANKS WERE MEANT TO ENGAGE< WHY DO WE HAVE A CATEGORY LITURALLY CALLED “DAMAGE”???

IT MAKE NO SENSE LOLLLLOLOLOLOL.

(Just being a little sarcastic.)

Thank you, I so totally agree with you!

As a support main, Mercy, I welcome this patch so much (especially the Moira nerfs)!

I played PTR the whole evening yesterday because the game is so much fun again! The teamfights are amazingly intense, I feel all tanks (except Sigma, that patch killed him) and all supports are so super viable! Mercy can keep up with healing now that Moira is toned down a lot, and it makes me really happy not to stand at a choke anymore and spam endless shields!

I think people are upset because a) they didn’t actually try the PTR or b) they do not understand how to play main tank properly; you push in strategically, not stand around with your shield up and hope for a pick by your DPS.

I live on the PTR now, until this hits live!

1 Like

I‘m not a tank main, but a support main who flexes tanks and I‘m looking forward to faster pacing. I‘m also afraid of snipers and burst damage getting easier when shields burn down faster. I just hope it gets better to dive with Dva with the armor changes and the… „buff“ she got tho. I love playing aggressively with tanks, just really worried that snipers gonna have it easier.

I mean, I’m kinda used to tanks getting shafted ever since they ruined Hog

heading to the PTR tonight after work… I just had to get my mercy challenges done yesterday. I’m excited to play again :smiley:

Ya i try to play agressive and all i do is die whats the point of playing aggressive tank where i am always running back from spawn

I’ve been an aggressive tank main since season 5. Passive tank mains aren’t tank players, they’ve usually converted from something else.

None of this patch addressed the obnoxious levels of CC that make maintanking hell. So I wasn’t happy. Especially because they nerfed the only main tank that could hold up against said obnoxious CC

Are these comments referring to the tank changes? Because for the tank mains these changes are getting mixed reaction. Some love it and this these changes will balance tanks out more and some tank players like myself believe that Dive tanks will still suck and they broke the MT’s and buffed the living hell out of Rein.

For the most part I have seen a ton of approval from dps mains. I can understand why but I think lower elos are going to find out just how much they dependent on those barriers lol.

Also in those lower ranks where supports don’t actually heal well no one will want to play any tank other then like Hog and Rein (cuz he OP now)

If rein is meta outside of goats, then what’s really meta is Winston. Winston just counters rein so hard if the healing isn’t broken

Of course neither will be meta because mei is still mei

Na, you see because Winston is much squishier and is harder to heal, deals less damage, and his Ult isn’t a instant team wipe Ult.

Also 400 off a barrier is a joke… That wont make much of a difference. I’ve seen people claim his barrier melts now as if they couldn’t dish out 400 hp extra damage in half a second if they actually focused barriers before.

My favorite part of huge patchs like this is making predictions. I usually am pretty spot on with my prediction. This last double barrier thing blindsided me a little but as a WB main I didn’t really struggle in it (actually my WB win % went up by like 8 points)

I’m telling you Rein+ (tank he will carry) will be meta for the majority of ranks while Rein+Zarya will be a must pick for G+GM.

Winston has so much more map control than rein. Outside of a pure OP sustain deathball where tanking has no value, Winston just dominates him. He isolates him, cuts the team in half, kites him, dances around him, systematically killing his team while rein stands around like an idiot