Forum limitations?

I came onto the Blizzard forums to discuss one topic, one that I feel very strongly about, but found I am limited to three replies to said topic.

This has left me unable to respond to people who also want to discuss said topic, which makes me seem unbelievably rude.

How do I remove this limitation as soon as possible so I can continue on talking about the one thing that got me to come on here in the first place?

2 Likes

That is strange that it’s giving you limitations on how many times you can post in it. Are these back-to-back?

The new forums don’t allow you to keep posting unless another user posts. Which is to reduce spam and bumping.

1 Like

I miss my colored text. ;-;

1 Like

I’m gonna look at your forum trust level real fast

By looking at https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/u/BeachGnome-1876.json, I can see how “trusted” you are on the forums. YOu’re at level 0, so you have very few priveleges on the forum

1 Like

It is specifically limiting how many times I can reply to posts. It just says “new users are limited” without saying for how long or what I need to do to prove I’m not a spambot.

It’s not even like I haven’t had this account for forever, it’s just that I haven’t posted in the forums before.

The forum has trust levels based on Discourse. The more someone reads, spends time on here, posts, and likes/receives likes, the higher trust level you’ll get. You start at trust level 0 I believe, and can achieve up to trust level 3. Each trust level gives you less restrictions and trust level 3 gives you the ability to make a wiki or post URL’s or images.

1 Like

I’m not sure what is going on there. I haven’t seen this issue (and I was trust level 0 for a while, and still able to do a LOT of posts to reply to one of my topics), unless you are talking about “bumping” (where you do immediately sequential posts; I thought that was not allowed at all, but I have seen some be able to do it so there may be SOMETHING).

1 Like

Ah. That is weird, I don’t remember having that…but I started posting right when they opened it. :confused: I remember them saying that there is a limit cap for the first week but I don’t remember it being such a small number.

1 Like

When I first started using this forum I had a message pop up after some posts stating pretty much that I was nearly out of posts for the day. That was when I was still fairly new here.

1 Like

I literally only want to talk about one thing. One thing that means a lot to me. I jumped into the thread about it and started replying to people to open dialogue with them and BOOM I’m shut down.

If I suddenly started spamming the same repeated text or what have you, then sure, Blizzard should stop me, but this is ridiculous.

1 Like

I understand but sadly this is what we’re stuck with. It doesn’t take too long to get to trust level 2 though and you should find things are much better then.

The following might help guide you on how trust levels work, it’s not exactly how Blizzard configured this specific forum but it uses a similar principle.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/3

Thanks, you have been beyond helpful.

The whole concept of trust levels is going to keep me riled up for the next WEEK though oh my gosh. How could anyone think treating your customers like children who haven’t proved they can handle a puppy is a good idea?

1 Like

Haha no problem, yeah I know. Trust level 3 is the harder one to achieve but you can kinda cheat that one (with the ‘read posts requirement’) by scrolling through the Mercy megathreads (old one for example) which are used to silence Mercy discussions here at the moment.

It’s something like in the last 100 days you’ve visited 50 days on here, 20k posts read, some likes given and received, some posts made. I think that’s the general guideline for trust level 3 on here. Trust level 1 and 2 are far easier to get.

1 Like

Yah, the requirements are really unclear. I’m past all that and still 2. 1 and 2 just happen. 3 is just screwy on its requirements that we really don’t know.

1 Like

Reaching trust level two shouldn’t really take much time at all really, it’s what most everyone here is. Once there the only thing you really can’t do is post links (but you can if you use the </> option when typing in a link, it will look like this: google.com it’s just not clickable)
I hit a limit of how many edits to posts I could do lol, I reached about 40 on a thread and it told me I had to wait 3 hours, I was a little surprised that it wouldn’t let me edit any of my posts on the forum, not just the big one I was messing with :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was never able to get this ability to work myself.

Pressing the </> button will place two of these: `` in your post. Just put your link between them and it should work like so: google.com
Try quoting me, it’ll show you exactly how I did it.

There’s also a great tutorial stickied at the top of the forum:

1 Like