Forced Win Streak/ Rigged Matchmaking

Forced win how? Only way this was forced win would be that OW server kicked 2 players from game so your team can win, do you really believe that? Because you lost first point so game difinitely werent one sided and you are actualy losing after first round. If you believe that blizzard is kicking players from games to rigg games, then yes, it was forced win for your team. But that would mean what? enemy team was supposed to lose right? But actualy they didnt lose anything, because leaving is not affecting or changing MMR. Only 1 player who didnt leeave lost MMR, so he was only one targeted by forced loss? :slight_smile:

Match ended 1:3, but enemy team was close to second point. I would not say it was forced win as it wasnt so one sided. 0:3? yeah that would be goood example of forced win, this, I dont think so.

Looks like pretty one sided match, yeah I could say this might be considered as forced win. Why do you think they lost so bad? I think Pharah on your team was reason as enemy team could not deal with her.

This wasnt forced win at all, it was actualy extremely close match and you barely won last few second after using the ults.

??? You said its forced win streak. You lost this match, so its not win streak.

??? Another loss, I am confused. I though it was supposed to be win streak? Did I miss something? because we talked about this:

LOAD FAILED: REPLAY NOT FOUND

This could be considered as forced win as you win 1:0.

Both rounds 0:100% so yeah same as above, could be considered as forced win.

FINAL RESULT

I though it was supposed to be 8 games win streak and I even asked if it. I actualy missed the “loss” you typed in first post, so its my fault too but I dont understand why did you not tell me when I asked :slight_smile:

So you think these are two forced win streaks:

1 winstreak - 4 games
2 winstreak - 2 games (3 games but I cant count one I cannot access)

So What do I think? First 4 games winstreak has actualy one very close win which cant be counted as forced win. So its actualy 2 games + one match which had two leaver on enemy side. So 3 if you count leaver game which is very questionable.

Second winstreak had only two games, I dont know what happend in third one but its still pretty low number of games, even if I count it is still only 3 games. SO were games one sided? Yeah. Forced? I dont know, its honestly too low number of games played in row to consider it as forced win streak. Again, even I count match I could not see.

To be honest, not very convicing as forced win streaks, just being honest and sharing my opinon :slight_smile: Just 2-3 one sided games which can happen normaly.

1 Like

Never had a forced winstreak

Currently I’m on a forced 1-5 , never 2 wins in a row.

I get a win and suddenly I get paired with the most brain-dead team and we get rolled and game over in less than 2 minutes.

Then another 4 losses after that

1 Like

Sounds a lot like my experience before quitting a while ago.

I recently picked up playing again, and in 8 hours of play per day the win/loss streaks are as prevalent as ever. The way the matchmaker works is incredibly clear to me now, and my take on it is that it’s doing things it has no business doing.

You’ll start at zero. MMR has no inclination to place you above or below your skill rating.
You play a game, you win. MMR is inclined to place you above your skill. Let’s say +1.
You play another game, you win but it’s slightly more difficult. Hard to say how or why, but you get another +1 from MMR.
Let’s say in this case you play one more match and you nearly lose, but pull off a win in the end. You get a +1 from MMR, totaling +3 in strength.

At this point MMR sees you as well above-average strength, and so in all its infinite wisdom it decides to place you with below-average players to “even out” your chances of winning. You a +3 with at least three -1 players get placed on your team (because, y’know balance son). Or, it puts three +1 players on the other team. Or both.

You play this game, you lose. Not because you didn’t perform your best, but because the three +1 players on the other team were able to successfully counteract all of your efforts, and punish the -1 weaklings.

Now, this isn’t a “deep” example - strength variations I am sure are far hardier and more varied than this. In some cases, there may be an overwhelming gap in skill between yourself and the next best player.

However it should be no puzzle to solve how 1 good player can still lose to 3 average players. Or how 1 good player on a team filled with weaker players will lose to a team filled with average players.

All of this, MMR’s doing.

1 Like

Fair enough next time I get 8 wins in a row I will post them these games just had that forced winstreak vibe

1 Like

If it were that obvious then 100% players would have been complaining about it already.

It’s subtle but still inevitable. To give a decent change of winning, matching would consider a player as subpar and give him/her a better team mates, which would be enough for an easy win.

Like yesterday, I got 20 lost games because I need to “git gut”, which everyone agrees on. And today, I got my favorite tequila which made me a GOD, so I pwn everyone and got my SR back.

Strictly speaking, there are no “forced” losing or winning streaks, forced wins or losses. However every match is handicapped with Match Making Rating:

You’re wrong . Your MMR can be at a level which makes games at your given SR favor one way or the other.

This back pressure from MMR is what creates these “streaks”. Yes you can win/loss the games still but they are more heavily favored in one direction.

This phenomenon is not just limited to low ranks and is the main way a boosted master player will plummet to their proper rank. Despite there being no PBSR diamond +.

Since by logic provided by devs someone who hit masters should never drop out as the games should be balanced around 50 50. If this were truly the case boosted players would never drop out of diamond.

There is another mechanism in place besides PBSR that guides players SR by effecting difficulty of schedule.

This mechanism is directly responsible for perceived win loss streaks.

2 Likes

at first i thought it was algo force me to lose, watched replay i was like are you serious dude ? :rofl:

but yeah you play bad so have lets say 40% chance of win whats the probability of winning at least 8 game of 10 ? its 1,23%. So knowing there is million of 10 serials of games where player underperform is it crasy it happen, dont think so.

2 Likes

Are you sure? Because i have low silver friend who was boosted to high diamond and he was losing with normal 2X sr loss and he had troubles to drop fast.

1 Like

Yeah man MM is forcing me to win you can tell by my gameplay alone I am getting boosted by ALGO.

Unless Dev have lied in past. They are on the record saying “PBSR does not apply above diamond”. Was it possible they were on a new account and still getting the placement effects?

Also I am basing this on my personal experience playing diamond-master range on console. I never lost or won more than around 23 sr give or take given challenge of schedule. and this is also during games where we got roflstomped like 14 deaths 10 min kinda stuff. In gold and plat I would lose way more SR for those loses but in diamond it was consistent.

1 Like

No no, i am not saying there is pbsr above diamond. I though you are saying it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My mistake i missed the last part, i though you talked about it but you talked about that other mechanism. Well i cant really believe that and i dont agree.

When boosted silver is playing in high diamond for example, he wont have really different games vs normal high diamond. Nor for a while until MMR drops.

As I said, my friend was exact case of that, but he didnt experience forced loss streaks. I mean he was losing games, but he was losing games because he played like silver with diamond MMR. He was supposed to provide value as 3400 player, even when his skill was 1700, he could not even provide that, he badicly had zero value because enemy players were just dominating him pretty hard.

He was pretty down about it as he gave accounzlt to someone, he didnt ask for boost or paid for it. Someone was just smurfing on it and it took a lot if games before account dropped to plat.

So I dont believe there is echanism to cause forced loss streaks.

1 Like

I think you’re correct in a general sense, but I don’t think it’s right to focus on “streaks.” The MMR system does not try to create streaks, and strictly speaking it is possible for any given player to break a winning/losing streak at any point in time. Like you are saying, the MMR system does profoundly influence the subjective difficulty of players’ matches. But the emergence of streaks in an individual player’s career is mere coincidence, not directly caused by the MMR/handicapping system.

I have heard that the MMR/handicapping system only applies from the ranks of Bronze to Platinum, so this is not applicable.

1 Like

I dont know why you’ve decided to fixate on streaks, but you’re wrong. It doesn’t create streaks of anykind. It promotes locking people in a fixed range and handicapping players so they can’t streak or climb quickly. I climbed several hundred sr at launch and was sitting master the whole time and i deserved to be there. The removal of win streaks with SR and the hardcore MMR handicapping is toxic and promotes smurfing and cheating as an issue.

Well, from my experience and have seen other peoples theories on this it doesn’t surprise me. One of the theories is (which I fully believe this as I see it happen to me a lot) if you play okay and not carrying but not doing bad then you seem to get grouped with better teams each time. If you are hard carrying then it matches you with a lot worse players to try and balance things out for the 50/50 win/loss. They won’t match 3 people who carry even if they are the same SR or around there because of this. Then when I play heroes I don’t normally play and do just okay, I seem to win more than when I carry.

1 Like

It’s nice to hear from top-tier players who understand the issue and don’t just try to pull up the ladder behind them. Blizzard owes everyone a fair chance in competitive play.

1 Like

I’m sorry just because someone hit masters once does not make them top tier or mean they have any insight into the forces winstreak/loss streak issue. I’ve made the climb to masters too and I can tell you I clearly did not belong. The MM needs adjustments.

2 Likes

I am not sure what he is talking about honestly. That player in high platinum in one role(the highest role). Thats not top tier even remotely. Thats my rank :slight_smile:

I didn’t say platinum was “top tier,” I said that is the highest rank where handicapping applies.

2 Likes

And you know this how?

1 Like