Forced to make a Battlenet account just to play Overwatch?

Here to report a MAJOR bug where you suddenly HAVE to have a battlenet account just to play even if you don’t want to play cross platform? That’s major. I shouldn’t have to make yet another new account with yet another service just to play a game I already paid $60 for. I won’t be playing until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

Lol. Nice joke post. Good riddance.

You really thought you did something by being ignorant huh?
It’s not a joke lol. It’s a legitimate bug. The game is physically unplayable now without a battlenet account.
Go troll another comment section.
Good riddance :heart:

1 Like

this really isn’t a bug.

3 Likes

It might be a bug or a huge mistake related to consumer protection.
If no one told him before he bought the console game that he needed a Blizzard account, I can understand why he’s upset.

It must be stated on the cover of the game / in the game description, which requirements must be met to avoid purchasing something wrong.

Suddenly a Blizzard account is required and this Blizzard account is bound to further terms and conditions.

It could be that the buyer is not “ok” with the additional agreements.
In that case, the game is no longer playable for him.
This is not the same as if the T&C’s had simply changed.

(These are just assumptions, it is possible that at that time it was already a requirement to have a Blizzard account.)

You only need to create an account just like you created your mail account

This is not a bug this is intentional since cross-play has been implemented even then you are not forced to pay for anything at all with creating a Battlenet account. If you don’t like cross-play you can literally disable it anytime even though it’s not really a good idea to do that since that will cost longer queue times and lower quality matches.

1 Like