Forced losses ruin ranked

i dont have to prove it. jeff himself stated the 50:50 winchance-handicapping numerous times. and mmr is the only way they could do it.

1 Like

Yeah, but you outlined a fairly involved model of how it works, and you don’t know any of that, you are just making it all up. You have no idea what factors contribute to what weights and how those weights are compared to other values in the matchmaker.

You know that this vague nebulous notion does, in fact, exist, and you’re making all of the rest of it up.

Stoppit, be better.

be better than the GM smurf with his gang in gold?

better than my bronze level team mate that was obviously boosted by his pal?

better than my throwing companion that only picks the worst imaginable off off off meta characters and feeds all the time?

better than 6 people vs. 5, because one obnoxious crybaby left the game again?

the game is challenging you with more experienced enemies, for sure. but the greater challenge is to always carry your fkn team. and that is the most frustrating factor…

It basically comes down to this. Broken trash system for changing ranks. Not enough mobility. No reset prospects. Meaningless placements. Long boring seasons.

Unfeasible grind given queue times and win ratios. I’m not going to grind for hours because of queues and tryhard the world over for a few wins at 600sr. For that payrate, you get all 0.001% of me. I should be able to output at a low silver level and efficiently get to low silver.

Besides, the lower you are the more you should experience hard carries. By the time you’re 600sr like me, you should basically pull in all kinds of free wins or close losses because compensated team strength - where e.g. a trash widow delivers absolutely no medals and almost 0 stats.

2 Likes

I don’t know about “efficiently” but if you played anywhere near Silver you’d at least stumble into it. But no - you bring this to the game:

and are somehow surprised that the result is that you are where you are? smh nobody wants to accept personal responsibility these days.

I love how 30+ delusional people with 0 self awareness liked OP’s post.
It’s never your fault you lose games is it?

Because they know why they lose and why they win. People blaming forced losses have zero idea why they win or lose at all, besides trash teammates.

1 Like

I’ll jut say that everyone at 600sr are equally trash and the only way to climb out of it is to be less trash. Not climbing? Play harder bro.

i am one of the guys that dont believe in a concious bad match maker that willingly puts you down

i think the system is just buggy as hell and gets crazy when it tries to measure skill and give you „fair“ matches.

you are godd@mn right.

So I read this topic, pretty neat stuff.

I looked into this 600 sr guy, Receipts, and actually found his stream cause I was curious what do people even do to play at that low elo. Anyway, my conclusion is that he’s actually trolling us. In the videos posted he plays pretty badly, does a bunch of random, unnecessary stuff, leaves games, but I believe he’s doing it on purpose because there is some mechanical skill and “habits” that he has that stands out and that you can’t really hide.

So this topic is about 20% of legit responses people who believe in forced loses, the rest are trolls just having fun on forums.

1 Like

I watched some of his stuff too. Idk man, I dont think he is trolling,but his game play is very unieq, at first I thought wth, his mechanical skill looked, maybe even plat in some moments or in term of reaction time. But some his decisions very like incredibly bad. And I think I saw him tilting team mates in his videos too.

That’s what I mean. Everything bad in the stream is something u can consciously decide to throw a game, but then there are tid bits where he “sets up” a throw move but up to that point his skills show. Like the lucio wall ride where he scales a very narrow wall no problem, or the boop move where u kinda slide up to redirect the momentum. People at 600 SR dont do that lol.

How are you 600 sr without throwing

the system is just defending itself by trying to max out the number of player-hours

the best of the worst situation from the viewpoint of the system

a system optimized for true rank would stagnate, if MMR/SR aligned

1 Like

It is absolutely broken.

1 Like

They are scared. If there was a reset half of them would drop to silver.

2 Likes

Said the boosted diamond player.
PS I respect all legit diamond players.

huh? my troll smurf is masters lol

its like playing the lottery…