Forced 2-2-2 Will Set This Game On Fire

its not complicated, its literally making pointing and yelling “look at that”/“lets go here” as simple as shooting

and no one actually does call outs
people with mics just talk balls or insult people
even if people wanted to half the players have turned off voice or dont speak english anyway

Arcade has no limits that allows you to play non-2/2/2 comps. You also would not have a Hanzo main playing Mercy at his Hanzo SR. As stated in the interview they want your account to have separate SR/MMR for DPS, Support, and Tank. That eliminates say a GM Tank player that plays DPS at a plat level selecting DPS at anything other than plat games. So, he would be playing at the MMR/SR that he actually plays support at.

Your queue times would only be terribly long if you only played DPS. Also, this problem would gradually solve itself by forcing Always-DPS players to learn how to play other heroes, so they might eventually become just as good if not better players on tanks or even healers, and the queues would very gradually become faster for everyone as a result. Those of us who always have to deal with Always-DPS players deserve the chance to play DPS, and the Always-DPS have been getting away with being terribly selfish for about 3 years too long.

This second point is a non-issue if Blizzard does the right thing and makes every role have its own SR.

Third point also is mitigated by having a Flex SR.

IDk if this will be as bad as you think. I like to play off tank and heals but I hate playing solo tank zarya or dva or solo heals , it feels terrible . I often end up picking a dps hero just because the other roles are painful when you’re the only one filling it. I would love to play those role a lot more and forced 2-2-2 would actually make me and others able to play tank or healers more often. Tanks and heals are actually fun in 2-2-2 comps and more people will play them than currently

jeff said that they average dps would be waiting 13-26 minutes for far matches

I think people either never played WoW/any MMO as a DPS or just completely ignored anything after “I like how 222 sounds…”

1 Like

I’m honestly so glad someone else feels this same way. I am a very casual flex player (which basically means tank/support no matter the gamemode at this point) and I don’t play for more than a couple of hours after work. It’s not that I necessarily loath playing tank/support, but after so many matches I want at least one game of Hanzo or McCree. I’m really worried about having to wait in a 13-20 minutes queue just to play one game as something different. That just feels like a waste to me – at that point I’d rather go play a different game entirely to get my fix.

1 Like

i mean…I played fusionfall once…(its an mmo, shuddup)

Exactly. People don’t seem to understand this will push out the exact people that they actually want on their teams.

2 Likes

lol

its all i had and my comptuer was really bad…plus it was…kinda.fun…

That’s fine. It just feels like people that want 222 are either support or tank mains that don’t play dps, have never played DPS with a role queue, and dont realize that it will actually hurt more than it helps.

There are tools available if people are actually willing to wait for that amount of time for a 222 that they want so desperately. It’s called LFG.

3 Likes

LFG is the single most effective way to make sure you never gain SR again. Not only do your SR gains get lowered by being in any group over 2, but your games also become monumentally harder because it starts putting you against other stacks.

Oh man, the game is harder because it’s fair? That sure sucks and is a valid reason to ruin everyone’s games to benefit a minority that dont want to use the tools give to them for what they want.

1 Like

This will adjust when players lose sr from throwing, so its a temporary thing.

Soft role queue should be a thing, like prefered role. A flex player can just queue as tank and then when the game starts, they play tank as normal, but when maybe your team needs a Mei you can swap.

To help fix the players abusing it and just queuing as tank and playing a DPS hero, they can make the report system more strict in that they aren’t respecting the role they chose to queue as. Flex players wont be affected by this because “flex” is to make changes to the teams needs.

I highly doubt the current or the new MM they are working on are made for preferred roles. Soft role queue is just no role queue. If you want to have Flex players Flex, then it would need to be 1113 which is something that doesnt get advocated for.

1 Like

The sole objective of competitive mode is to win and climb the ladder. In what universe is making that harder for yourself a viable option?

That’s why they aren’t going through with it, and if they did they’ve confirmed it would be 3 different ranks per role. I’d be fine with being forced to rotate between Tank, Damage, and Support every game as long as all 3 gave me different skill ratings. It would encourage flexing and end the current state of the ladder which is basically Quickplay Plus.

In one where you want to control what roles people play. Also, depending on who you ask, that’s also how the game is supposed to be played. So if you really want that true 222 experience, 6 stack LFG is the only way to go

2 Likes

That’s an excuse. You still get matched with equal level rating.

It sounds like people were expecting to make premades and steam roll non premades who “didn’t follow the rule of comp” and laugh as they gained rating.

Not so true, so now LFG is not liked. Go figure.

1 Like